Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Useless Thread Titles

Sunday driving Club Member stevie_b's Avatar
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    oi Numpty i was using that as an example of a useles thread title. everyone knows how to go NA-T, big shopping list and lots money at whifbitz then a 2bartuning MAP who da numpty now
    I hope the bold bit is meant to be sarcastic.

Meliora cogito Club Member caseys's Avatar
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    I can't find a thread I thought was relevant so I thought I'd bump this one as didn't know which mod/mods to PM, was there a thread somewhere on bumping for sale/wanted threads? many seem to be being bumped 1-2 days again
    Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    Red UK GT35R

Feedback
    59 (100%)
    Just bumping this again as we are still getting threads with useless titles. We have been changing them but if it continues we shall simply delete the thread.

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Time for a winter bump for this thread people. It's always worth making the extra effort if you want results
    "Adherence to an homogeneous lexicon axiomatically optimises messaging consistency" - Ron Dennis

Follow me on Twitter

I'm a stallion, baby! Super Moderator mawby's Avatar
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Having just seen a "Has anybody else????" title, I think it's time for a bump of this thread.
    1993 Toyota Supra GZ Auto

1995 Toyota Supra UK Auto - Sold
    1994 Toyota Supra RZ Auto - Sold
    1994 Toyota Supra SZ Auto - Sold
    1994 Toyota Celica Gen 5 - Scrapped for charity
    1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Rev2 G-Limited Auto - Sold
    1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Rev2 G-Limited - Sold

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Definitely time for a bump on this. Several threads around with absolutely nothing in the title to allude to what's inside.
    Are people trying to get more views on their thread or just trying to make it impossible to search for it in the future.

Example for people who don't grasp why the thread title should be relevant to the content:
    Recently we have had three threads regarding a pink supra on eBay, however if you search thread titles for the same query, you will get zero results.
    GZ TT
    SZ-R, NA Powerz x 2
    Ex Black TT6

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Bumping this thread as there has been a spate of threads with useless titles. If you can't be bothered to name a thread properly then I can't be bothered to tell you to name it properly so I will just delete it
    95' Black TT6 UK Spec . UK spec Supra register LINK if you have a UK spec send me a pm or post on the thread

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Ian C's Avatar
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    I've been lenient with these recently but I'll join in now with just deleting the thread. Be warned all you who rock up in tech with the title "help plese"
    I love my job. It pays for my Supra.

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Personally, I'm going to use a playful mix of moving threads to other sections, mercilessly mocking the OP and deletion.
    "Adherence to an homogeneous lexicon axiomatically optimises messaging consistency" - Ron Dennis

Follow me on Twitter

Sunday driving Club Member stevie_b's Avatar
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Yes please, just delete them. Using useless thread titles is lazy, hard to use in searching and introduces linguistic entropy whose natural conclusion is having a forum filled with random characters, a few of which might spell words if we're lucky. Save us from this fate!

What search button? Club Member Marco79's Avatar
    Feedback
    49 (100%)
    Should also include any post without at least a guideline price to start with.
    94 N/A with a squirt of Nitrous is the way to be
    Now with Carbon Fibre Bonnet,Uk brakes,Engine Bling,Nics manifold,Random shiny bits, Tein SC Coilovers, Competition stage 4 clutch and ultralite flywheel and direct port nitrous!

Project Zoran facebook page now live https://www.facebook.com/ProjectZoran

Feedback
    5 (100%)
    There are loads of thread with useless titles. These are the only ones I click on these days.
    SUPRA - 96 WHITE FACELIFT NA MANUAL - LPG POWER..!! SOLD & SUPRA 97 GUNMETAL FACELIFT RZ-S VVTi TIPTRONIC !! SOLD
    56 BMW Z4M Roadster. 3.2 Silver, Stock
    63 PORSCHE 981 Cayman S 3.4 White Manual. 20" Wheels, Sports Exhaust.
    05 BMW 330 Ci M Sport. Black. K Sport Brakes. Wolfrace Munich Rims, Caged Track Slag..!!

IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME..!!

Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quick bump of this one for some of the more recent new members. We're seeing an increasing number of threads with titles like 'help' or 'opinions'.

Making titles more descriptive will get you more answers and also help others find your thread using the search, meaning they don't need to post a new thread on the same subject

Follow me on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567