The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra insurance renewal..

3LL

Hey chaps, Well, I have had the Supra coming up a full year now and my renewal just came in from Sky who I went through last time.. £651. Its actually more than last year so I am thinking of going elsewhere, was wondering if anyone can give a few ideas on places to try etc such as sites, telephone numbers etc..

Cheers

Ell :)

Mine's around the £520 mark through MCE

http://www.mceinsurance.com/contents/contact-mce-insurance/

The Beauty of these is there is NO PAPERWORK!!

It's all done over the phone then they post the docs out to you.

Been with them for years now, Started using them because of the excellent deals on American cars they have :)

Peter

That's a great price.

Whoever you go with, DON'T go with Tesco. 3 years in a row, on my ringaround to find the cheapest i also try Tesco. It's always DOUBLE what i pay now (on any car i've had) and last year when i politely mentioned this to the girl i got "well you know what to do, don't ring us again" and put the phone down :0 The cheek

Peter

Great advice guys, loads of places for me to try.. Im absolutley godsmacked that my insurance is still £659, given I am now 30 and have no points and have been drivin years!

I will get calling around this afternoon, dont think I will be going back to Sky though TBH I was not really very impressed with them. Hope I can find cheaper now I have a written quotation from them :p

dare i say it .go on the msoc,and try there insurance co,[livingstones] they wiped the floor with other companys out there

Livingstones were the most competitive for my policy also.

I had my highly modded single insured with Sky last year for approx £950. I transferred the insurance to a bone stock NA near the end of the policy. I've had no incidents or points etc. The renewal for the NA came out at £870. :rlol:

I went to adrien flux and they shaved £60 off the policy with £100 less excess [the best saving so far], only downside was they wanted £200 deposit and im a bit skint at moment!

So went back and called Sky and they matched it but without the need to leave a deposit, so have gone back with them. Cheers for all the suggestions though chaps, appreciate all the help!

Livingstones were the most competitive for my policy also.

I had my highly modded single insured with Sky last year for approx £950. I transferred the insurance to a bone stock NA near the end of the policy. I've had no incidents or points etc. The renewal for the NA came out at £870. :rlol:

I agree, Livingstones came in at below £400 and with an agreed value i'm very happy with.

You have to be a member on there to get the full discount :)

true to a point, i'm with both clubs.but when you give your detail.they ask ,are you 'a member of a supra club' as long as you can give a membership no,you qualife. as for adrian flux,there useing the same inurance co .that sky use [qeb/ensign]and yes they beat sky for me by about £125. sky say they can't under cut.especialy if you inform flux what your existing insurance co is the same [ seem sour grapes to me]and then livingstones comes in cheaper again £280 incl agreed value& less exess .bargin:p

Guest drivebycar

I was hoping for some advice! I wanted to join the supra club :) and I have some money saved up for insurance, just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me.

Looking for a twin turbo, import or ideally UK spec (if im lucky!). I am 21, still on my ma's policy with 4 years NCB on the policy. I know insurance is going to be alot and im prepared for it! Though, any advice on how to shave a bit more off?

Nice one :)