The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 spd conversion how too

dude

Dude, if you have a manual ecu do you still have to chop and rejoin the auto loom or can it just be tied back??

What do you mean dude???

The main reason for cutting the auto part off is that there is hardly any room above the box in the tunnel, these boxes are huge, but you can leave the plugs on or cut them, its up to you.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean dude???

The main reason for cutting the auto part off is that there is hardly any room above the box in the tunnel, these boxes are huge, but you can leave the plugs on or cut them, its up to you.

well i thought the whole point of cutting the boxes off and joining the wires was to fool the ecu??

just i thought that with me having a manual ecu there would be no need to join the wires as the car thinks its a manual :shrug:

well i thought the whole point of cutting the boxes off and joining the wires was to fool the ecu??

just i thought that with me having a manual ecu there would be no need to join the wires as the car thinks its a manual :shrug:

Think about it dude if the plugs don't go anywhere there is no difference to leaving them on or cutting the plug off, the man ecu is only going to make a difference in that it will not pull timing at the auto shift points.