• 2 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Scooter

FINALLY:) got my blitz's through and can add the following size as ok for clearing the uk calipers

Blitz Technospeed 8 x 18 et 41

Is that Z1s, Z2s or some other type of Technospeed? Oh, and what size are the rears, and I'll add 'em to the list.

Roy, I've added the Azevs, don't suppose you have the offsets do you?

Best looking wheels for the MKIV Supra must be Rial " Le-Mans " 19 inch alloys. I purchased a set with 265/35/19 and 235/35/19 tyres for £1,450 !

Got to say I've never seen a better set of alloys on a MKIV. ( not boasting or anything ! )

sorry Z1's

and rears are 18 x 9 and 45 offset not tried them over the uk rears (which is why i didn't include them) but i'm pretty certain they'll be fine............

...............actually might just go and try'em now thinking about it!

Once again I have to say that the offset is nothing to do with whether or not the rims will fit over UK brakes (or any other brakes. The offset affects whether the rims will work with the suspension (and bodywork), the spoke shape affects whether the rims will clear the brakes.

True John, but the list compiles wheels which if ordered in that particular offset will clear the calipers

eg the 18 x 9 blitz's of 45mm offset (that do fit over the rear uk calipers btw) will not fit the front of a uk caliper'd sup

whereas the 18 x 8 and 41mm offset ones will. This is not specifically to do with offset as the design/dish is changed in the 41mm wheels, but it shows what ones you would need to actually order.

ie for blitz fronts on the supra you 'need' fronts whether 8 or 9 inch wide to be ordered in the 41mm offset to clear uk brakes

Sorry Scooter, I'm not questioning the list, just the relationship between rim offset & caliper clearance. The offset should be standard unless the suspension has been radically reworked. Having said that, I'm coming from a handling point of view and I appreciate that cosmetics are more important if you're building a car for show or looks, rather than performance.

The effect of offset is often misunderstood.

It is a minefield i know, i've tried to balance the cosmetics and the handling aspects, i'll just have to see what its like when i get round to putting tyres on them.........

...............they've taken about 3 months to get here and now i'm even contemplating selling them to fund other stuff :innocent: :D

Originally posted by Kitt

Best looking wheels for the MKIV Supra must be Rial " Le-Mans " 19 inch alloys. I purchased a set with 265/35/19 and 235/35/19 tyres for £1,450 !

Got to say I've never seen a better set of alloys on a MKIV. ( not boasting or anything ! )

I dare you to post pics. :)

Scott. Are they going on the 'Shed' or 'old bluey'? :cool:

alot of the jap wheel manufacturers have a "big caliper fitment" version of their wheels, not exactly definative, i know, but if they r worth their salt they will b able to tell u if they fit.

it goes without saying, no spacers? and no grinding the caliper or the rear of the spokes (ive seen it done).

good thread simon :)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

I dare you to post pics. :)

Scott. Are they going on the 'Shed' or 'old bluey'? :cool:

now i 'know' they fit i suspect on the 'shed'! looking into rubber at the moment and then i'll put them on and see if i'm happy with the ride etc

bobbeh, can you clear up my hub centre size query? are your blitz's oversized bore wise compared to stock wheels and do you have metal rings to 'fill the gap'?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...