The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Regarding WheelCourier.com

mawby

Following complaints from WheelCourier.com, and in light of impending legal action against the club, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding WheelCourier.com that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging.

mawby

• 2 weeks later...

What action could they take? This kind of thing has been threatened before by others in the past and the club always immediately backs down. Has any such action ever actually been taken? I doubt it and if it did I doubt it would get very far either.

But don't companies either succeed or fail due to 'word of mouth'? If you are impressed with the service you have recieved, like what has happened on other threads about various other companies, then that gets the company more business. If the level of service was poor, or the experience with the company was a bad one, then surely the company would lose business and be forced to improve it's service?

What's the difference between telling your friends at the local about how poor the company was, and posting it up on a forum telling other people about your bad experience? It's like saying you're not allowed to voice your opinion if it offends somebody!

I'm not sure what legal grounds they have. If they don't want people to talk about how bad they are, then they should do a better job of putting the customer first and not thinking firstly about their profits.

What about if there was a newpaper article about someone's poor experience with a company? Or it was on Watchdog? I'm sure you can't take legal action against them? How is an internet club any different?

What's the difference between telling your friends at the local about how poor the company was, and posting it up on a forum telling other people about your bad experience? It's like saying you're not allowed to voice your opinion if it offends somebody!

If you went to your local and posted up a big sign saying 'Dont use wheelcourier.com' then the landlord would quite rightly ask you to take it down.

No different here. If you want to start your own forum for complaints about traders then please do. We take the approach that if a company wants to threaten legal action we will make a post asking people not to discuss that company at all. Wheelcourier threatened legal action over comments made in another thread. We have no means or inclination to prove the comments were accurate or otherwise so we did what we usually do, we made it clear that wheelcourier.com should not be discussed on the forum as they are litigeous in their approach.

Sadly that means they wont ever get business from anybody on here as we cannot recommend their services or even allow them to be discussed. But thats obviously not a problem to them as they were happy to threaten us legally.

End of discussion Im afraid.