The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Danno's Supra Build

DannoSupra

It all started in Decemeber 2005, hunting for a new car, stumbled accross a nice UK Spec Auto 1995 with 63,000 miles. Bog Standard, so i bought her!

Over the years she went BPU with an extra FMIC, had a DoLuck front, OEM Skirts and Spats, TRD Spoiler, 19" Black/Polished Wheels, Tein Superstreets, Custom Speaker Boot Build, New Recaro's, New Dash Paintjob, few gauges, engine bling etc etc

Here's a few pics

Every since i went BPU i was getting slight puffs of smoke from the exhaust after overrun, so decided to remove the engine and take head off to change stem seals...

One thing led to another and im doing a full blown restore, engine rebuild, respray (with new seals and trims), Dash Retrim (dynamat the whole interior), 6speed manual conversion, strip down undercarrage and restore suspension arms, subframes, diff.....

and most important of all ... Single Turbo Conversion

Its going to take a while for me to finish the job, as funds arent brilliant after loosing my job due to credit crunch, BUT it will be done, and it will be done properlly! So bare with me with the progress and updates! Ive cleared out a double garage, painted the floor, walls and put electric, bench, compressor in there, so it will be nicelly set up for me ;)

Right, Spec...

Lets start off with the engine:

Im tempted by the BC Stroker, with the CP and Carillo Package

or just forged engine CP and Carillo again (86.5mm Pistons)

ARP Stud Kits for bottom end and head studs

Ive already bought HKS 264 Cams

Getting Ferrera Valvetrain (stock size) i mean everything, not just vavles

There's loads of little things to add to spec of the engine but im sure you know what they all are

Turbo is going to be HKS T04z with custom made 4" downpipe

going to use a HKS Ti system with that

Fueling is going to be the same as a Stage 2 PHR kit

Going to use AEM AMS with sensors and HKS DLI - or the Solaris S6 looks a bit better

Might be using a Greddy 4Row, if not definatelly 3Row

Thicker Radiator with Electric Fans or keep viscous

Greddy oil cooler kit

Clutch, well i know its expensive but im going for the RPS Carbon Carbon and RPS Fly

Brakes will be getting uprated, 6Pot Brembo's 14" discs for front and rear will be 4pots (so will have UK Spec for sale soon)

Im going to refurb my wheels to, try them in black as they are first with the new colour, then if i dont like i'll paint them a nice silver, maybe look into getting 19's Volk GTC's :D

Im going to keep my DoLuck front, i got Blitz skirts, Trial Rear and VS Overfenders(not using anymore) She's going to be painted in Lambo Grigio Avlon :eyebrows: Thing will look awsome with the blend of Carbon Fin and end Caps of TRD Wing and the bottom of the Trial painted Satin Black, and possibly the DoLuck Gob :p

If ive left anything out, i will add as i go along!

Edited by DannoSupra (see edit history)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Here we go, so far

Its been standing since March 2008 with no engine

Ive stripped the block and head and done some cleaning

Now after a year i can finally start the paintjob, wheeled her round to the bodyshop yesterday and got cracking

Im removing the antenna and rear wiper and washer

(i'll appoligise now for camera quality, my proper one is in repair)

We left the bonnet with our friend NitroMors overnight, hardly stripped it! Dimond Tip Paint :p

The Trial rear took 6hrs to repair properly, was cracked and slpit in loads of places, ohhh and the original repair was superb JAZZ!!

Going to mount it up and carry on repairing, just incase it all splits as were fitting it all. Blitz skirts seem to fit very well too

And thats my project to this day

--

Just want to say thanks to JamieP for the Titile :D:D:D

And Homer for Putting it up! :p

great car :)

just out of interest, i think i have the same front seats as you but retrimmed, and compared to my old standard ones they are huge! i can't fit anyone in the back anymore and just wondered if it was just me or are yours like it as well?

Im on Bride Frames, what are you on?

I havnt got back seats in mine, speakers in the way :D but im sure i could fit a guinea pig in there ;)

Was nice enough before, now a UK ruined with too much body modification :(

i think you should really judge when the car comes out of the body shop, i know the stock look favoured by the yanks is the vogue at the moment but after 3 years you cant blame the guy for wanting a change

i think you should really judge when the car comes out of the body shop, i know the stock look favoured by the yanks is the vogue at the moment but after 3 years you cant blame the guy for wanting a change

:D:d:d

Everyone is open to their own opinion, wont bother me one bit. Ive had my negative saying about other's before!

As long as im happy with it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've still got my stock front, might do away with the 'dildos' and get it sprayed along with the car, see how it all looks with the rest, get a nice lip too ;)

Back bumper has been repaired and bottom stone chip guarded instead of satin black, does look really nice, its got that plastic trim sort of texture to it :cool:

Will post pic progress this weekend :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...