Nurburgring trip 2009 (23-29 July)

little num

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup just to confirm, I won't be organising a trip but I am happy to advise & help anyone who does want to head over there this year. I may put up a few details in another thread of what to think about before going, places we've stayed at, eaten, etc; general advice.

Hopefully I'll be going again in 2010, but this year I have to focus on a few other priorities (including getting married, but I shall also be organising some club track days here in the UK). :)

Best of luck to little & big num for organising this trip, good on you guys! :thumbs:

(p.s. let me know if you need any edits/pruning to this thread)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

and Jon's MR2, driven by Chris!!!!

:D

Will check dates as I have something already in diary for July, but should definately be up for this :) My bro would like to arrange a driving trip out there with his girlfriend and try to meet up with us for a day or 2 if we can get the days right

Subscribed... :)

I'll let MrT and IDO know as in the excitment of SupraPod we all said it "had to be done" sometime :D

Plus Mrs Gatso said I deserve a holiday on my own this year if I want one :nana:

Just thought - i wonder why :eek:

sounds like a plan, will you mind a few highly tuned starlets coming along, would be more fun going with the big boys:D

Lads this trip is open to any car its not just supra's, more people the better, we dont drive as fast as we can down so no need to have a fast car to keep up.

I will be making a list soon of the people we have so far and what cars they drive, its a fabulous long weekend away and well worth doing.

am in, whats the average sort of cash flow i should take? £1000 seem sensible or to much? :)

All depends on how many laps your hoping to get in while your there, last year it was about £11 a lap if you bought a 15 lap ticket, but as the sterling is so crap at the moment then i would say its closer to £15 a lap.

more laps more fuel most people do about 10 - 15 laps some do 20+ but id say £1000 on your own will be fine if you do 10 laps or so.

James, I reckon you're looking at closer to £20/lap if the exchange rate stays near 1:1 £:Euro; don't forget the annual price rises on lap costs. :(

edit-

after a bit of research, I can't find any official news but the rumour reported on the skyline forum is:

1 lap = 22 Euro

4 laps = 75 Euro

8 laps = 145 Euro

15 laps = 250 Euro

25 laps = 390 Euro

I'm interested, and so's the wife. No commitment yet - we need to double-check the dates and stuff.

Any reason for choosing a ferry rather than the tunnel (apart from price I mean)? The tunnel is about £60 each way if you book now - in the grand scheme of things, it won't make a huge difference to the overall cost, which was nearly a £1000 per car last time I went over. (Would have been cheaper, but if the whole group drinks like fish every night and eats expensive steaks, when you split the bill it all adds up :rolleyes:)

Spotted the official prices here

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/2008/Nordschleife/Bestellformular_Nordschleifentickets_2009.pdf

year ticket is now 1,075 Euros (= £1,075 as near as dammit)

For anyone wanting to work out the likely costs of a trip I did a spreadsheet calculation tool taking into account MPG, likely food/beer spend, accomodation, exhange rate, number of laps etc etc etc; it's still on last year's thread. I can update and attatch here if anyone wants.

I think I spent about £1600 last year, for me and Kate to go for 5 days, but I didn't do many laps due to AFR concerns that took a few days to get sorted (thanks everyone again! :)). You can't halve that if only 1 person goes as the travel costs, fuel bills, lap costs (and sometimes the accomodation) don't change.

In previous years, the ferry has been preferable to the tunnel (IMHO) as it's cheaper (£19), it's more direct (Dunkerque instead of Calais = 20 miles saving each way - although thinking about it you have to go an extra 10 miles to Dover), it gives everyone chance to have a decent rest each way (~90 mins instead of ~40 mins) which I valued as trip organiser as some people don't sleep the night before - and most importantly, they serve breakfast! ;)

Ah yes, the longer trip would account for the total cost difference - we went for a shorter time last time - drove over on the Friday to arrive in time for a lap or two in the afternoon. Saturday and Sunday on track and home on the Monday. To be honest, I think that was enough time; much more and we might have got complacent and made mistakes.

If any1 wish's to do the same as ark then no problem you can just meet us at the hotel by the track, but we have already booked the ferry and hotel at ashford so the dates are still the same for our group - 22nd at ashford then jump on the ferry on the 23rd 6am

then come back on the 28th tuesday (leave the hotel at 8am - 9am) to be at the ferry for 3pm as it leave at 4pm. Will be good if we all do the same and travel down together but if money is tight then we understand.

Think i'll be in on this but not 100% sure yet so won't put my name on the list, is there a maximum number of places available?

Ok guys i have just spoke to the guest house we are staying in and they have 8 rooms avalible that sleep 2 poeple the cost per person for 1 night is 28euro so 5 nights is 140 EURO each person

so 16 people at this guest house.

If there is more then the house next door also has another 4 rooms avalible that also sleep 2 people per room.

This does mean that you must share if we reach this total.

so lets do it like this so we can keep a track on what rooms are still avalible and who is sharing with who.

1 - Bignum + Rich - supra = 1 room

2 - little num + wife - supra = 1 room

3 - Andybandit - scooby = 1 room

4 - Jo arto + mrs - yaris = 1 room

5 - Nemisis + fella sierra = 1 room

6 -j1mb0b1 - Supra TT 6 speed

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

Who ever wants to go then add your name to the list and say what car you have and who you want to share with (other member - freind - wife)

Edited by little num (see edit history)