The mkiv Supra Owners Club

santa pod 28th march!!

Mr Deano

is any one going to the santa pod track day on the 28th of march?

i'm new to the site and i was just wondering if there was anyone gong that i could meet there.

i wouldnt mind having a couple of sprints aswell, get some times and build on experience.

i think its similar to 'rung what you brung'.

if the wheather holds out it should be cool day...

let us know!!!!!!!

Mr deano

i think a lot of us will be here , so why not come along to this? nearer than pod too..........

There are at least a couple of RWUB dates every year at pod where Branners etc suggests that we all go as a group(normally later in spring /summer).

Searching for 'Bunfight' should reveal threads on past events.

BTW Good to see peeps up for big trips.........

Originally posted by Terminator

You forgot to mention the the club parking area for 50 cars that will be big enough for 15. I love pot holes, smelly toilets and dirt track roads, all special feature of a venue waiting for you.

glad to see there's some enthusiasm put across to the newcomers on this site....

Hey, don't forget the suberbly organised road layout and knowledgeable marshals that will direct you down the queue for the dragstrip to get to your display area, thus enabling you to experience the thrill and tension of the queue for an hour before being able to turn off and actually park up...

Originally posted by Mr Deano

glad to see there's some enthusiasm put across to the newcomers on this site....

We had a big issue with POD over a big Jap event in the summer, I made sure we were the first club to book and was promised a prime location, with over 50 MKIV's. Even the printed plan showed our space to be one of the largest on the site. When we got to the club space it was taken over by another club and we had space for about 15 cars.

As a drag strip it does not favour cars on road tyres especially when it is cold.

I am sure there will be members going as there are prizes for makes so someone with a MKIV stands a good chance of picking up prize and some good publicity.

Please accept my apology Mr Deano. I hope you enjoy it, many will go and I am sure it will be a great day out.

Originally posted by SimonB

Don't mind us Mr Deano, just some bad experiences at the Japanese Performance show this year - the organisation was terrible. Not that wer'e bitter and twisted about it of course...:p

what happened?, i went to that, i didnt have a supra at the time, i drove there from cardiff in a mondeo estate deisel, it took hours, its just i got my supra now and i'm obviously willing to drive to any event>>>>>

Mr deano

Originally posted by Terminator

We had a big issue with POD over a big Jap event in the summer, I made sure we were the first club to book and was promised a prime location, with over 50 MKIV's. Even the printed plan showed our space to be one of the largest on the site. When we got to the club space it was taken over by another club and we had space for about 15 cars.

As a drag strip it does not favour cars on road tyres especially when it is cold.

I am sure there will be members going as there are prizes for makes so someone with a MKIV stands a good chance of picking up prize and some good publicity.

Please accept my apology Mr Deano. I hope you enjoy it, many will go and I am sure it will be a great day out.

if thats the case then your more than entiltled to be bitter about it, i would be too, i gathered thats where everyone would meet as its a day out, whats the venue about on the same date???

Mr deano

See my post above. We got treated badly even the tiny space we got was partly unusable due to huge holes in the ground. As said above the Marshals had not got a clue and sent people all over the place. The road out and to the strip was through all the refreshment and other vans so was full of pedestrians who wondered why we should be driving our cars through them. It was a joke, they were lucky some one did not get hurt.

I spent a lot of time organising the event for the club and felt very badly treated and let down. Pod will have to improve a great deal to get any money out of my hands in the future.

if thats the case then your more than entiltled to be bitter about it, i would be too, i gathered thats where everyone would meet as its a day out, whats the venue about on the same date???

Mr deano

is the lexus/toyota owners event where everyone will be going in warick?

Well like Termy said, they messed up the club spaces, and they way they had the roads laid out you couldnt get to the club areas without queuing up for hours in the main queue for the dragstrip. There were far too many people trying to run, so as a result it took a good couple of hours to get in. Then because we were parked about 5 deep there was much shuffling of cars to let people at the back out etc.

Highlight of the day was when lust2luv locked himself out of his car while demonstrating how to wind his windows up from outside with the keys in the ignition and drew a massive crowd while we all tried to break in with a coathanger. :innocent:

Originally posted by SimonB

Well like Termy said, they messed up the club spaces, and they way they had the roads laid out you couldnt get to the club areas without queuing up for hours in the main queue for the dragstrip. There were far too many people trying to run, so as a result it took a good couple of hours to get in. Then because we were parked about 5 deep there was much shuffling of cars to let people at the back out etc.

Highlight of the day was when lust2luv locked himself out of his car while demonstrating how to wind his windows up from outside with the keys in the ignition and drew a massive crowd while we all tried to break in with a coathanger. :innocent:

not very emmbarssing for him, i guess he wont be doing that again, was lust2luv the supra with the reg plate LUST on it? if it was i remember that car..

Mr deano

not very emmbarssing for him, i guess he wont be doing that again, was lust2luv the supra with the reg plate LUST on it? if it was i remember that car..

Mr deano

i'll be going to as many meets as i can mate, any excuse to drive far!!!!!!

Mr deano

Santa Pod...:looney:

I remember driving up as one of the first few cars, and looking at the Marshall like he was nucking futs to fit 50 cars in here. Not only did they screw that one up for the Supras, but then was cool enough to tell us ot move the barracades and fencing ourselves. Way to go pod! Nothing like driving show quality cars up dirt and gravel paths to the "premium stand".

Bitter? Naaa..... :innocent:

next time you want to try get a bit further back on thar flat big area where the scoobys and evos were up near finish line lots of space for a group section. its got to be better than been on grass and getting blocked in. last time it was my first time racing there and i thought it was good. them bottom toilets want blowing up. like you feel unclean when you went in there.

the food was muck, we got some chicken nuggets with mayonaise that looked like cum, never again

take sarnies n get coffees on the go.

the racing was ok, like the times above the track to see what other cars are doing. and you can see your reaction time as you driving down strip. its a long day out from leeds. i prefer local track york

still a good day out to see lots of top cars