The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JB, New Sections Please!

Guest Terry S

Guest Terry S

JB, any chance of adding a few new sections please

My suggestions are:

PRODUCT REVIEWS - I would like to do a right up on the RPS Carbon Carbon clutch. Others may find this section very useful when starting out.

STYLING - For all the neon/bling inclined freaks

i agree wholeheartedly with terry's product review category as a good resource for those researching mods. would be nice to get impartial eye-witness accounts of what was gained etc.

errm, as for the bling, can we hide it somewhere ? LOL ... :p

Could have a "Been there, dont wanna go there again" section for garages who shouldnt be allowed to look at cars, let alone work on them.

Or maybe a recommended garages section, places that club members have used before, have given good service and would recommend for others to use.

Maybe even places that give club discounts.

Originally posted by oxygene

Could have a "Been there, dont wanna go there again" section for garages who shouldnt be allowed to look at cars, let alone work on them.

Or maybe a recommended garages section, places that club members have used before, have given good service and would recommend for others to use.

Maybe even places that give club discounts.

This has been discussed a few times before, the legality of it could be a problem. Abbey didn't take too kindly to having their work discussed on a public forum.

As for the other sections, good idea. We definately need a 'styling and detailing' sort of section and a product reviews area would be a useful reference point.

Originally posted by outatime

This has been discussed a few times before, the legality of it could be a problem. Abbey didn't take too kindly to having their work discussed on a public forum.

Abbey's workmanship is not in question here. I am very happy with the repair. Plus Scott at Abbey did apologise for what had happened.

I would recommend them to someone looking for a good engine shop, they know their stuff. It was just the case they usually do Skylines and Nissans and have all the contacts set up for that, they don't do many supras, so dont necessarily have the same contacts. Plus christmas got in the way too..

Originally posted by oxygene

Abbey's workmanship is not in question here.

I wasn't doubting that. I was refering to the contention caused, right or wrong, by discussing a companys work on a public forum.

Anyway, i don't want to drag all that up again. The point i was making was that a 'name and shame/recommended garages' section is a minefield.

:thumbs:

i would like a sub forum in Gatherings and meets. Called Gatherings and meets photo's. Theres nothing worse then looking through pages to find pictures. If Mawby could moderate it so only posts with picture attachements or links to pictures were kept that would brilliant. Comments could be kept to the actual Gathering and meet thread.

well thats my 2p's worth

Originally posted by Terry S

JB, any chance of adding a few new sections please

My suggestions are:

PRODUCT REVIEWS - I would like to do a right up on the RPS Carbon Carbon clutch. Others may find this section very useful when starting out.

Should this be in the members only section as a way to encourage people to join ?

Rather than free view the good stuff ?

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

Should this be in the members only section as a way to encourage people to join ?

So long as it's listed somewhere as a member only perk.. problem with the current multimedia/general/owned members sections is .... nobody knows they exist unless they're already a member :D Not really something that will make you part with your precious ten quid if you don't know they're already there.. maybe free-to-view, pay-to-post ala the for sale section? Don't know...

-p

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

I was thinking exactly the same thing Pete.

Maybe we could have it configured so that guests / unpaid members can see the forum but get told to pay when they click on it :p

Rgds,

Rob.

Good Idea Rob - So, they can see that the extra sections are their but, can not access them. They could be re-directed to a page with "Why you should join" and follow onto the How to join page.

If it's a Free view, then you can just read all the good stuff and not bother to join ?

IMO, own sections for the extra catagories. Some of the detailing and product stuff can sometimes get lost between technical, general and even chit chat.

Didn't realise than non-members couldn't see the areas that only members can go into. As Pulse said, let them see whats available to members.

Id put Product reviews for members only and the Detailing section so anyone can view.

Originally posted by Thorin

Personally I'm oposed to having loads of different sections. Take Supraforums for example, there's about 20 million different sections. Just makes it harder when you're trying to find a specific post IMO.

I was thinking yeah, more sections when I started reading this thread, but your right Thorin, Im not a big reader of SF, but I did pop over there today, trying to find anything on South Bend clutches, and all the sections were a bit much.

Simplicity is what we need......... :cool: