The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello and help asap!!!!!!

Guest dj_russell

Guest dj_russell

hi im jim currently i drive an mg zs 2.5 v6 saloon , but a supras took my fancy being 21 a tt is prob too much to insure.

so was looking at non turbos 1 caught my eye

its an auto non turbo

so just want steering in the right direction

when theyve been delimited/limiter took out is it normal for the engine warning light to illuminate at 4000rpm?

and is there anything to look out for?

and has anyone got any performance figures ie....0-60/top speed/0-100/1/4 mile

and what luxurys do they have?

erm also whats involved to convert to manual and turbo conversion maybe next year.:)

cheers all

Guest dj_russell

how old are you lot with the supras just to get an idea of insurance costs? my zs180s costing me nearly 2k to insure and i had quotes around the same for an na supra so surely the tt cant be cheaper as itd be cheaper than my zs aswell.

You'd think the tt is more to insure, but the non turbos are more!!

The only time I found that to be the case was when I got quoted for a UK TT not a J spec. It was £600 for a UK spec trouble is finding one :rolleyes:

Not much difference to insure.

Depends where you look and your age I think ;)

how old are you lot with the supras just to get an idea of insurance costs? my zs180s costing me nearly 2k to insure and i had quotes around the same for an na supra so surely the tt cant be cheaper as itd be cheaper than my zs aswell.

I'm 25 and only had my NA for about 6 weeks. I had a quote for a UK spec TT as above but for a J spec TT it was £2100 and that was the cheapest I could find. Thats with 4 years no claims too. My NA is costing £800 which I don't think is too bad :)

PS Welcome to the club

Guest dj_russell
what's the MG like to drive?

fantastic mate i really cant fault the handling one bit, youd laugh if i said the zs 180s sit with the evos and scoobys on track all day long but its actually true.

the car feels so predictable throw the car round an island past the point of no return on most cars this thing will understeer slightly take your foot off and it grips again.

mines only running about 193bhp(apparently but no proof yet)

ive had mine remapped at bc-tuning my personal choice was to have it mapped so itll only run on higher octane petrol ie v-power and bp ultimate.

powerflow exhaust

green cotton induction kit

when you consider the cars size and the fact standard the 180s only push out about 175bhp they suprisingly go well obviously in a straight line all the jap cars will have it, but through the bends its amazing and dont take my word for it try one youll be pleasently suprised there even up there ratings wise with the top fwd cars ever made. even tiff dell was really impressed.

mg/rover robbed the design from the integra type r for only the 180 zs. with its multilink set up. only thing thats not so great is it has no lsd.

im not really bored of my car as such just saw this supra and thought hmm its got potential.:D plus ive always wanted a car that was like summat off fast and the furious but not chavily done if you know what i mean.

heres some piccys the latest ones arnt very good:

and the better older pics before i set about doing it up.

cheers for all your welcomes aswell guys.

Edited by dj_russell (see edit history)