The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Refurb and painting headlights guide

supra_si

I had the same worry but it's not like it sounds, it does set to the touch if you know what I mean, it takes a few days, it doesn't stay sticky like it is when first applied.

I'm pretty sure GZaerojon? (can't remember his username) that used to refurb lights regularly used windscreen sealant to reseal them, he said it's ideal because you can seal them up totally but can pull them apart in the future without the need for putting them in the oven.

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Neil-supra

Hi guys i have just started taking my lights apart and was wondering is there a certin way to take the headlight height adjuster out of the light?? I have turn mine round till it feels loose but wont come out and im afraid of breaking something!! Would be great for your guys answers thanks!!

• 3 years later...

Thanks for reviving this you good soul. I need to do this on my head lights I bought. Sadly my chrome on the face lifts are gone. So I am considering getting them chrome dipped then covering where need be to spray gloss black as I have read the rings on these lights cannot come off unless you cut them off and glue them back on.

• 1 year later...
Hi All,

My UK light could do with some TLC, but the worse parts are the Rings. What's the best way to rejuvenate these?

Paul

Speak to Noz on here, he makes stainless steel rings which slot over the top. Infact if you ask nicely he might do the whole refurb for you

I still have some material left from my stock of headlight rings which I'm selling. I keep finding old stocks of material so it seems a waste not to form it and sell it rather than throw it out.

I'm not making new sets or doing refurbs anymore im afraid. I started a guide thread to how I prefer to do them and have barely managed to even open them as ive been waiting to get this old material formed.

I'm hoping in the next few weeks to have some rings to ship. But this really is the last of the rings I'm doing.

Id consider selling the tooling if someone wants to press their own. My days of trading or offering services are no more im afraid guys.

Speak to Noz on here, he makes stainless steel rings which slot over the top. Infact if you ask nicely he might do the whole refurb for you

Thank mate

I still have some material left from my stock of headlight rings which I'm selling. I keep finding old stocks of material so it seems a waste not to form it and sell it rather than throw it out.

I'm not making new sets or doing refurbs anymore im afraid. I started a guide thread to how I prefer to do them and have barely managed to even open them as ive been waiting to get this old material formed.

I'm hoping in the next few weeks to have some rings to ship. But this really is the last of the rings I'm doing.

Id consider selling the tooling if someone wants to press their own. My days of trading or offering services are no more im afraid guys.

If you do make another set, I'd be interested in purchasing them. Not 100% confident in my skills to refurb the lights, but would give it a go.

Paul

Hey Noz, do you have any solutions from your experience with regards to micro-cracking on the lens? I have a set of facelifts that have a fair bit of this on the lens, but the inside of the lights are immaculate.

Any advice would be appreciated :).

Facelift lenses seem to be worst for that than prefacelift.

Sadly its the plastic splitting apart at the material level. Its only really noticeable at nighttime. I used to define prefacelifts then swap them onto facelift as an upgrade.

Sadly. Not much I've ever seen solve it.

Using glaze polishes and waxes will help visibly deter from noticing. But nothing to fix it im afraid.