336 bhp WRX

heckler

336 bhp in 2002 WRX in 4 secs  

48 members have voted

1. 1. 336 bhp in 2002 WRX in 4 secs

• Yes it can
    • No not possible
    • I'm gonna sit on the fence

Purely in terms of bhp/ton, it doesn't look likely. If it weighs, say, 1350kg then it has a bhp/ton of 248. Most cars that are achieving 0-60 in 4 seconds or thereabouts seem to have a ratio considerably greater than this:

e.g.

AC212 S/C.....375 0-60 in 4.0

Westfield SEIGHT club.....296 " " " 4.0

Noble M12 GTO...........321 " " " 4.1

Viper GTS-R.................362 " " " 4.0

Of course, this isn't taking into account lots of other variables, and, to be fair, there are a few cars that are achieving similar figures with lower ratios (e.g. 911 turbo 276 bhp/ton).

paul, that was my point too. he says he has a piece of paper to prove it, whether its to prove 336bhp, or this "4 sec" i dont know, I'm still waiting for it.

Apparently he ran a 13.5 1/4 mile at the last jap meet at the pod (i think) and he recond he was beating supras with over 450 bhp.

:baa:

si

Originally posted by heckler

Apparently he ran a 13.5 1/4 mile at the last jap meet at the pod (i think) and he recond he was beating supras with over 450 bhp.

si

They must have been crap drivers then ;)

I've done 13.12 with less than 400, and I know it's capable of better.

Originally posted by heckler

paul, that was my point too. he says he has a piece of paper to prove it, whether its to prove 336bhp, or this "4 sec" i dont know, I'm still waiting for it.

si

Never heard someone so full of shit!!!

I know Impreza's backwards and theres no chance.

i was reading the new jap mag or was it bonzai yesterday. anyhow, the new subaru 330bhp odd according to their figures does the 0-60 sprint in 4.2 secs. they rated it better than the mitsi 8 fq300, which was only 300bhp.

anyhow, watching the totb2 dvd given away with redline or revs, the sups werent managing very impressive 1/4 miles..... not the ones they showed anyway.

Originally posted by shaf

i was reading the new jap mag or was it bonzai yesterday. anyhow, the new subaru 330bhp odd according to their figures does the 0-60 sprint in 4.2 secs. they rated it better than the mitsi 8 fq300, which was only 300bhp.

anyhow, watching the totb2 dvd given away with redline or revs, the sups werent managing very impressive 1/4 miles..... not the ones they showed anyway.

The gear ratio's mybe different on the new car. If is normal 0-60 is 5.8 there is no way he will cut a third off that time with only 100 BHP and no weight loss.

Tell him he is so gei he should be drivin a Nova. he's putting Scooby owners to shame:cool:

Originally posted by Steve W2

The gear ratio's mybe different on the new car.

Oi Steve - read me post :p the one above yours :p

"close ratio gearbox" Or at least all previous RA Impreza's had it. Its had revised ports and manifold too etc, so very diff from the standard car.

;)

:D

Originally posted by HISUPE

Oi Steve - read me post :p the one above yours :p

"close ratio gearbox" Or at least all previous RA Impreza's had it. Its had revised ports and manifold too etc, so very diff from the standard car.

;)

:D

Ah yes but technically just becuase it has a close ratio gearbox it doesn't mean the gears ratio's are made lower for better accleration:p

But I see what you mean, I didn't read your post properly:stupid:

Originally posted by shaf

steve can read??

ooooo, maybe i better not flame him anymore then :flame Dev

Oh look.....that little SHAFT boy has come back again;)

Don't make drive to Basingstoke and show you what your MR2's big BAD bro' can do:D

I found this smiley for you too....

ha ha, big bro's got a huuuuuuge @ss and aint too quick off the mark but once he gets going can dish out some bigtime whup @ss :p

you'll run out of petrol before you can get here :twak:

ha ha, thank god im bold :D

.....ooooh wonder how many posts i can make before i gotta pay :devil:

• 1 year later...

how does he know he racing 450 bhp supras and beating them?

i dont know what power i have but just say 380-400 when running 1bar on sticky tyres did a 11.962 with a 1.7 60foot. that sure feels quick off the mark.

talking to a guy from aus who does a lot of drag racing and builds skyline engines. he says a 1.7 60foot is about 4 seconds

maybe you should arrange him to have a race with some supras see how many he beats.

i have lined up with evo before and beat him then lined up with him again and he did not want to race. beat lots of scoobies on street tyres.

i would not say scoobies are a crap car. they look a fun car. been in a wrx sti 5 ra or some name. sure was rapid off the mark driven hard.