The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which headlight bulbs for JSpec and UK Spec?

Pete

are the UK spec and the N/A spefc headlights assemblies the same? and also if i went from a jspec to a UK spec assembly would it just be plug and play or would i have to do some mods?

All UK headlights have glass lenses & chrome inners, the 93-96 j-spec headlights have plastic lenses & chrome inners, the 96+ j-spec headlights have plastics lenses & dark grey inners they also don't have the small sidelights inside - the side lights were moved into the indicator assembly. The Uk and j-spec headlight are all for right hand drive cars. The US supra headlights are the same as the j-spec but are left hand drive. The European Supra headlights are the same as the UK but left hand drive.

All the headlights are interchangeable, the bulb specs of the J-spec headlight are slightly different to the rest but are basically plug and play otherwise.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Guest suprabad82

thanx Nic, ya i was trying to change the bulbs in my jspec and they wouldnt fit now i know y, but living in Canada its easier to get nonjspec bulbs, so i wanna switch to a UK spec headlight so i dont have to worry bout the fitment and order outta japan (or whereever u get them ) lol

thanx Nic, ya i was trying to change the bulbs in my jspec and they wouldnt fit now i know y, but living in Canada its easier to get nonjspec bulbs, so i wanna switch to a UK spec headlight so i dont have to worry bout the fitment and order outta japan (or whereever u get them ) lol

See the first post on this thread it explains the bulb differences, the j-spec bulbs aren't available outside of Japan, what most do is fit 9005/HB3 bulbs in the low and high beam, you will need to remove a small plastic rib on the wiring connector that plugs into the bulb. If you have trouble getting the lugs on he bulb into the headlights unscrew the collar off the back of the headlight first (held on with 3 small screws), fit bulb then screw the collar back on.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...