The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA to TT engine transplant - step by step guide (Pic heavy)

miko_supra

This is a fantastic read

Easy to understand and the pictures are great!

I bought an SZ-R, the NA 6 speed V161 invisioning this transplant!

The 6 speed is so expensive thank god i dont need to buy it

Anyway, great car, i will be using this post again for my own car in a year or two!

Thanks for this post

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little addition here, something we came across whilst transplanting a pre-facelift TT and loom into a facelift NA.

The TT plug is a 5 pin plug with the NA plug being 3 pin. Basically, there is a large Black with Red stripe wire that goes to pin 1 as above. But you may well have an additional Black with Red stripe wire of smaller gauge than the previous one. This needs to be soldered into the larger Black with Red stripe wire.

Thanks again to Jezzy for this :)

Hi just reading through the thread and came across this. Got me a bit confused. I'm transplanting a pre facelift TT engine and loom into a facelift n/a. The tt conector is a 5 pin with only 4 wires. Pin 1 is solid black. Pin 2 is black & red. Pin 3 is empty. Pin 4 is white and pin 5 is also black & red. My question is which too do I solder together ???image

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest KamReedo

Hi there

Last night I checked & rechecked position of the sensor, and it appears is not working... If I hold it in my hand in an upright position works fine, but as soon as I put it in place, cuts the engine...

Is a good idea to get a new sensor? Is possible that actual sensor is not working properly?

Thanks for your answers