The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Ive read so much bad stuff about elephant when it comes to paying out, so if you total your car dont expect to get a reasonable pay-off first time, you will have to argue and refuse their offers until they come up with a decent one. Im talking thousands under the market value here.

There is a reason it is so cheap, they are a real pain if the worst comes to the worst, also if by any chance you havnt declared all your mods or missed something by mistake, they have been known to not pay out at all.

Im glad they are so cheap tho as i just take their quote to other insurance companies and tell them to match it!

One thing about Sky is they are great with modifications, Elephant are a pain in the ass, half of the stuff cant be listed, say for example a boost controller and there is loads of other bits i just cant be bothered thinking.

Sky have no problem with mods as long as you list everything, havnt had any extra premium added if i add a mod neither. Oem bodykit etc.

I'm glad to see our rates are getting better. As mentioned above by Rayman (spot on post :cool: ) there are many variables with insurance quotes, all cases are different but as long as you are over 23 with ownership we should be there or there abouts with the price.

We like to think that our personal service and Supra knowledge puts us head and shoulders above the competition, and we are the official Club Insurer after all.

As said above, Elephant are pretty useless with mods - the price goes up a lot when you declare them and trying to explain to the chimp on the other end of the phone that your wheels/exhaust/whatever are aftermarket and not "Toyota optional extras" is hard work. And they try to rip you off with your renewal.

I got a quote with Sky about 3 weeks ago and the bloke I spoke to was helpful and knew what he was on about, but unfortunately the quote was £1150 more than A-Plan...

Hey guys, got a snotty letter from you today saying if you dont get the details within 7 days of the date on the letter, you'll keep all my money and cancel the policy.

1. I've not had an previous reminders.

2. Thats a bit harsh !

While I admit, I've not sent them back yet, because I was waiting for my license to come through as I've moved plus I've been very busy.

Also, I didnt mention my membership when I got my quote, do I get the 20%?

Will call you tomorrow.

Hey guys, got a snotty letter from you

Also, I didnt mention my membership when I got my quote, do I get the 20%?

Will call you tomorrow.

interesting comment, ive always wondered about this % discount for memebership, how can one prove that a discount has been applied IF you have already mentioned your a paid up member.

The service has been pretty good for me during the last 2 years. I've had a couple of issues but they have been handled well after a phone call.

Even with my BMW tank (which initially had a renewal quote of £980) they managed to match my best quote and reduced it to £280. Seemed to be some sort of mix up on the renewal and was quoted for a single Supra.

Hey guys, got a snotty letter from you today saying if you dont get the details within 7 days of the date on the letter, you'll keep all my money and cancel the policy.

1. I've not had an previous reminders.

2. Thats a bit harsh !

I had the same situation following my 2nd renewal last year, even though I'd sent details 2 weeks earlier. A call to Sky sorted it and I was told all was fine and to ignore the letter.

I've found that any problem I've had has been solved with a phone call.

Sky won't be able to provide the best quote (or even a good quote) in all curcumstances, but thats the insurance business for you. They generally appear to be better catered for older (23+), more expeienced drivers, but thats fair enough when dealing with high powered RWD cars.

I was a bit cheesed off when I sorted my renewal out in August, Adrian Flux quoted me £396 including agreed value, Sky initially said £6XX but then that they would "match" Adrian Flux - except that the agreed value would be an extra £70. So not matching them at all, then. I left Sky as a result :( although I was happy prior to this. I now wonder if I've had value for money cover in the 2 years prior to this as I was always happy to support "the club's insurer" without shopping around that much.

certainly agreed value is what sent me your way in the first place.

tell me something though, how do insurance companys reach a value to payout on a write off..

Hi,

this is the perfect question to ask over the PM system. We are happy to answer these type of queries and generally we will get back to you on the same day.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hey guys, got a snotty letter from you today

Hi,

this is standard procedure with any insurance company. By law we need to receive all of the required documentation. We send you a letter and some forms to fill out initially, on the letter it states that the forms will need to be returned within 7 days. After 14 days if we haven't received the forms we will send out a politely worded reminder letter, it is certainly not a 'snotty' letter. After a further 7 days we would send out a more strongly worded letter which is sent by recorded delivery. Communication is crucial here, if you are missing a piece of documentation we can quite happily give a time extension, all it takes is one phone call to our customer service team for this to happen. Also, again a quick PM to myself with your full name and policy number is a great way of communicating on any issues like this.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I've just had my renewal docs through from sky and been delighted that the premium has hardly budged from last year. OK, the agreed value has increased but I think this is small price to pay for, what has been for me, an excellent, friendly and FLEXIBLE company.

An added bonus for me was that I have taken them up on their breakdown cover as RAC had increased my cover by around 40% and that after a 10% discount for no claims!!!!! - and saved myself £50 which offsets a lot of the agreed value fee.

New photos will be winging their way to them this weekend for the agreed value but I have been delighted with the service so far.

Thanks sky!! ;)

Linda

SupraGirlie: Is it because I'm 21 that you won't insure me fully comp? (Although when I did the quote with you I was only 20) As there is no way I am going 3rd party!

Ollie I also had this problem-adrian flux almost halved sky's quote and provided full comp cover, plus cannot be beaten when i came to insuring the gt four as 2nd car

Could someone from sky let me know why they advertise they do agreed values?

I understand you only do it for existing customers, however should there be something in the advert saying this? i know its a good way of getting new customers to ring up for quotes, but isnt it slightly misleading.

I cant see any small print explaining this, maybe i have just got the wrong end and i am completely wrong?

Look forward to your reply.