The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

I just had a pretty poor call with them tbh, was pretty negative from the onset, first question, "whats your cheapest quote", followed by a laugh/smirk noise and something along the lines of "so you think that's expensive then?" that was before any other details, like age of driver, car etc. That was for new business too, I am already with them........but up for renewal very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say the sky customer service was very good today haven't been with sky since May this year and rang for proof of no claims discount as Adrian flux saying got 8 years yet have 9years and sky have confirmed that and sent me email to show new company. And are also sending me paper copy aswell so top marks for that!!!

I only wish they would insure my supra but they won't as have a nos kit fitted.

Be intresting to get response from sky explaining why won't insure my n/a with nos, but if have huge power turbo that's fine

Have to say the sky customer service was very good today haven't been with sky since May this year and rang for proof of no claims discount as Adrian flux saying got 8 years yet have 9years and sky have confirmed that and sent me email to show new company. And are also sending me paper copy aswell so top marks for that!!!

I only wish they would insure my supra but they won't as have a nos kit fitted.

Be intresting to get response from sky explaining why won't insure my n/a with nos, but if have huge power turbo that's fine

Don't hold your breath on here for a response !

I myself am unsure about Adrian flux they seem to have been ok with me apart from getting details confused and saying had 8years no claims when have 9. They gave me great quote on supra but we're to expensive by miles when wanted to insure focus with them.

Also when my mate crashed his skyline in took two years before he got paid out but that was mainly due to fact that where skyline was taken the mechanic took engine out and when they picked up car engine was missing so took ages to sort and they weren't very helpful to him at all.

But another mate got paid out within 6weeks I think it was.

After the poor service I got last time I called Sky about the wife's NA, they are going to have to be really good to get my business again on my own car this year. I got the impression they really couldn't be bothered to even quote or even take her details from me.

Dear all,

Newbie here. I would love to own a supra has been an ambition for years. However, money always comes into the fray, and I was wondering what a rough estimate for insurance would be (28 years old, 2 years NCB on company vehicle, car used at weekends only).

I mean are we talking thousands or is it reasonable to expect a quote under 1000 a year (2 years NCB obviously not being on my side). I would look to buy a 450-650bhp twin or single with plenty of mods.

Many thanks

Luke

• 4 weeks later...

Hi DNK.

Sorry you didn't get a reply.

The way we look at it is pretty simple - If the modification is deemed legal in the UK, then we won't have a problem with it.

If the modification is not considered legal in the UK, (decats, etc) then we won't be able to cover it.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by SkyInsurance
spelling (see edit history)

Hi DNK.

Sorry you didn't get a reply.

The way we look at it is pretty simple - If the modification is deemed legal in the UK, then we won't have a problem with it.

If the modification is not considered legal in the UK, (decats, etc) then we won't be able to cover it.

Cheers

Alex

Whut?!

So how have you been insuring all our BPU members over the last 7 years or however long you've been the club insurer?!

Just thought I'd share my quote on a single turbo supra. I'm 25, 7 years NCB which she mirrored for this policy. And the mods were extensive and the quote was £500 :) (£300 excess) very happy with this and tbh has renewed my faith in sky! Would have to do an agreed valuation when I'd purchased it so not sure on what that would be but I'm not complaining.

Could you please explain why you won't insure my supra with nos, it's a n/a running 75 shot nos. That was installed by proper company and has 4 extra safety devices fitted to system. And when rang to re new quote was told can't insure car because of nos system.

Hi Keith,

Most insurers have associated NOS with a high claims ratio. Subsequently, they've been reluctant to provide cover for it.

Apologies.

Thanks for replying Alex

On a totally different subject i'm nearing the end of a restoration project and i'm looking for an agreed value

policy to cover the vehicle, its a 1994 classic Range Rover, is this something you can look at ?

This is my thread on here detailing the project, page 4 is where the work really starts, i have over 650 photos

detailing the work done

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?297402-Range-Rover-restoration

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...