The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest KamReedo

welcome onboard ollie

one quick thing first before i pm over some details as my insurance is due for re-newal next month, do you insure......... cosworths?

• 4 weeks later...

I got my renewal through the other week from sky, it was £499 last year this year I was offered £429. I shopped around but most of the other companies were either the same or slightly more.

I also got my agreed value increased from £22.5k up to £25k, so I’m happy at that for a TT Auto!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Really? can't believe insurance companies would be doing that? how would you prove that you've not used the car? Anybody could say, hey can i get 3 months refund i've not been using my car even though they did?

Just curious to know if sky are offering refunds on the months the car wasn’t used due to lockdown? The reason I ask is I got a refund for my daily insurance so wondered if it was just then or all insurance companies are offering it?

I know of people who have had this too.

They weren't even aware of this and a letter just arrived in the post stating that they will get a refund.

My potential Insurer is Quoting £10K for my Supra a 1994 3.0 TT GZ j-spec.

To increase the insured value where could I get a Quote from....It has approx 78K miles Silver totally original NO rust No scuffs possible showroom condition.

I am due to renew my insurance this month and was wondering how the agreed value works and whether it is worth trying to put one in place considering I have a standard auto N/A. I know the TT's and UK specs are where the big bucks are at but back when I first bought it (11 years ago) I couldn't stretch to a TT (car+insurance was too much at the time!). I've grown to love this thing and cant see me parting ways with it.. but if it did get written off I am concerned I couldn't replace it like for like.

I've seen plenty on the forums about agreed values for big singles / TT's or UK specs but not a lot on N/A's. The only two in the classifieds that were NA were £13k for an auto aerotop and 7kish for a manual. Mines in good condition and has just had a full glass-out respray, hovering around the 105k miles mark.

The guy I spoke to at Adrian Flux asked me how much I thought it was worth but said that its just a number they stick on the quotation - so just looking for advice if anyone has much experience around that. Id hate to lose it if the unthinkable happened and be left unable to replace it with whatever the insurance decided to offer.

To increase the insured value where could I get a Quote from....It has approx 78K miles Silver totally original NO rust No scuffs possible showroom condition.

anybody any ideas :blink:

Are you talking about 10k agreed value?

Ive never had an issue getting the agreed price no matter what ive asked with sky. My tt6 is agreed ad 30k and has been for 3 year. Never questioned as i backed it up with all the invoices and pictures

As above, are you saying the premium is £10k a year or the agreed value is £10k?

Have you tried Sky? I’ve been with them since they were introduced as the club insurer and found them to always be fair on price and agreed value - but then it all depends on your age, experience and circumstances

• 2 weeks later...