The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

My insurance is due with you guys Chris and it seems my renewal was the same as last year, do I give you guys a call to see if you can lower it ?

as far as I'm aware I'm still on the old policy of agreed valuation and I also need to check If I'm covered abroad as this year I'm taken a trip to Rotterdame in the Supra in Oct

Had a quote from sky today £480, must say bit disappointed , quote from Adrian flux £430. Will get more quotes but these do seem expensive, car only used for 6 months of the year , only 1200 miles last year, car TT bpu, but Iam 46 , no accidents or convictions full no claims and llive in a good area.

:(

Anybody have good insurance company's they could recommend, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Had a quote from sky today £480, must say bit disappointed , quote from Adrian flux £430. Will get more quotes but these do seem expensive, car only used for 6 months of the year , only 1200 miles last year, car TT bpu, but Iam 46 , no accidents or convictions full no claims and llive in a good area.

If you want to PM you're details to me I will happily take another look at it tomorrow morning - no harm in trying.

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

• 1 month later...

at least someones happy ......... I am fuming over £1000 guys check who you are insured by because markerstudy couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery and the claim from the 5 Nov 2013 has still not been redirected or removed from my file , if anyone from sky can see this i want the telephone number for their ombudsman i am really not happy with their work .......... or should i say lack of work, i may aswell do all the work myself

Hi not sure if this is the right thread for this but I am currently a Republic of Ireland supra owner and no insurance company will quote me. My current insurer on my mr2 turbo have point blank refused to transfer the insurance.

I have 7 years driving experience with 3 years in my own name and never ahd any points/convictions or claims.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I can do?

Thanks,

Baz

• 1 month later...

Back on the Sky beating - would Someone like to explain why they can't refund me until the premium is returned be the insurer?!! I cancel and get dumped a £50 handling charge! However I have to wait 6-8weeks for the refund!!!! I paid sky not the insurer so how can they not be responsible for immediate processing refunds from their own coffers? Still have supra with them but renewal is August.....

• 4 weeks later...

- - - Updated - - -

lynnbrook, sky have fallen behind in my book.. not used them for 2-3 yrs

• 4 weeks later...

Got my renewal through, it was cheaper than last year by a good few quid. Sky called me a few days later and I asked them to reduce it so they knocked a few more £ off :) I think mine was £60 less compared to last year, so all in all I'm a happy chap. No one else could get close to them price wise.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to give Sky a try as there recommended by the club. Not bought my TT Supra yet but was ringing round getting a few quotes. Cant remember who I was speaking to but I have never been spoken to so rudley about a quote.

Firstly I explained my situation about using the Supra as a weekend toy and my current mx-5 as a daily. Didnt want to know and when I said can i get quote for the mx-5 on its own as I wanted to swap insurance, still no interest, seemed to me like I was wasting his time.

At the end of all this Sky wouldnt insure me on a Supra and said in his words "get older", Im 25, 3 NCB, Ok postcode, paid member on here.

Tried a few others, went with Footman James, £500 for multicar policy on classic insurance, mod friendly too.

Wouldnt use Sky again and wont be recommending them either.

Guest alexbennett
Back on the Sky beating - would Someone like to explain why they can't refund me until the premium is returned be the insurer?!! I cancel and get dumped a £50 handling charge! However I have to wait 6-8weeks for the refund!!!! I paid sky not the insurer so how can they not be responsible for immediate processing refunds from their own coffers? Still have supra with them but renewal is August.....

This has happened to me recently also mate, rang them due to having to change address and was told that they don't insure my new area and im going to have to cancel (gutted but had no choice) cancelled and then was told a refund will take 4-6weeks! Need the money to pay my new insurance company who insure my area and now can't! They were great up until this with quoting etc

Alex.

Nope i cant be bothered to call them, i was just interested to know where

they'd stand with regards to my question, i thought they would pop in here

from time to time seeing as their the club insurer.

I see the Sky chap has but only to post a leaving thread, i wish him all the best

in his new career/job whatever that might be.

Come on Sky wakey wakey :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)