The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

• 3 weeks later...

My 10p worth on Sky insurance - If you want cheap as hell car insurance for your modified car, then you can't really go wrong. However, to get that cheap price you better be willing to sacrifice efficient customer service. I was insured by sky on my previous modified Focus ST. My premium was a lovely £360 for the year (zero complaints here). However, when i sold the car - 2 months into the policy - I had to wait an hour on the phone to speak to someone, I was then told that my refund would be £200....now lets to the Maths. My premium was £360 for 12 months, I cancelled after 2 months, they calculated my refund as £200?? Surely by any ones Maths it should have been closer to £300....

Now i know that there is a charge to amend/cancel the policy - but it isn't £100. Anyway, next point. To this day - Now 3 months later - I have received no letter of confirmation that my policy has been cancelled and no proof of no claims....It took a total of around 8 weeks.....yes 8 weeks!!!! to receive my rather low refund and 3 calls chasing it up!

Will I insure through sky again? - tricky one....When I finally get the call to say my Supra has been UK registered, I am going to have to call Sky to get my proof of no claims, given that this is bound to be at least a 1 hour call (based on previous experience) I may as well get a quote to save hassle. If this is within figure that I have in my head, then yes - I probably will get insurance through them.

Would i recommend them.....probably not, No. Adrian Flux and greenlight are far more helpful and more knowledgeable and still very competitively priced - In addition, Greenlight, when I was insured through them, had European cover and track day cover included!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Renewed with Sky again this year. It's the 3rd year in a row my premium dropped. Happy with the service :)

Strange.

I had multiple cars with them for last 3 years, and they screwed me come renewal time for £180 more.

When I said I could get it much cheaper, they didn't even bother to try and do anything.

Just said your renewal quote is the best we can do, absolute rubbish and supposed to be the club insurer to (well advertising for business as a sponser).

Never been impressed personally.

Strange.

I had multiple cars with them for last 3 years, and they screwed me come renewal time for £180 more.

When I said I could get it much cheaper, they didn't even bother to try and do anything.

Just said your renewal quote is the best we can do, absolute rubbish and supposed to be the club insurer to (well advertising for business as a sponser).

Never been impressed personally.

Perhaps you need to be a club super moderator ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I used to be Sky for years, but this year my Supra went to Footman James for a business. Did call Sky 2 times, then been "transfered" to right department 3 times just to hear there is no one who can talk to me about quotes atm , so I just gave up.

I'm with Footman James also, far superior service and price.

Ha maybe :)

I tell you what they are proper rubbish, spent another 20 minutes of my life today on the phone.

My no claims bonus confirmed in writing was promised, and apparently foot noted on my policy expiry to be sent out 04/09/2016.

Now 7 days passed still no letter, and rang up and no record of it at all.

They tell you what you want to hear to get your business, when it ultimately comes down to small details they are a failure.

It's happend to many times for me with them.

Now apparently they are waiting on the insurer to issue it as they can't as they are just a broker, taking your money for a rubbish service.

I will update once it arrives, put it this way I better not need to ring for a third time after previously checking.

Update - 28/09/2016.

After a total of 24 days.

An email has been received today with my attached 17 years NCB.

SKY did say they would need to request the bonus through the actual insurer, as a broker they don't do it themselves.

Just glad this finally arrived.

Very happy now, and i have sent my thanks to the advisor who completed the work/ chasing on my behalf.

Edited by Pudsey
Update ncb received 28/09/2016. (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
Here's an idea, how about you take some of your excellent fake id, shove them up your arse, and fuck off

/QUOTE]

Hang on Gaz!! Don’t be so hasty! I need to get this post stickied in the Dragonball thread, I and a few others could do with this lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Waste of time if you live in the north west. I have rang them three times over 5 years and even though I have lived at three different addresses with completely different postcodes they have said we are not currently able to offer insurance in that area. Turns out they don’t insure anyone living in the North West as it’s to high risk. 😱

Should depend on your post code risk rating i'd have thought, some Lancaster codes are very good

for example A - F with A being the best

LA Lancaster

1,3-4, 14, 19, 22-23 . . . . . . . . . . . . . B

2, 5-13, 15, 17-18, 20-21 . . . . . . . . . . . A

16 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html

Waste of time if you live in the north west. I have rang them three times over 5 years and even though I have lived at three different addresses with completely different postcodes they have said we are not currently able to offer insurance in that area. Turns out they don’t insure anyone living in the North West as it’s to high risk. 😱

Where we do struggle with some parts of the North West (M/L postcodes), it is incorrect that we do not cover the entire region. Lancashire/Cumbria are generally fine, as is most of Cheshire.

However, apologies we couldn't quote you. If you PM me your name, postcode, and DOB, I'll take a look.

Alex

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

I tried to get a quote from sky for my 95 TT auto RZ and they wouldn't even offer me a single quote :(

Apologies we were unable to help.

Our criteria is quite simple, so you'll either meet it and we'll be able to offer something competitive, or you wont meet it and we will not be able to quote. We wont (or rather, cant) offer a high price just for the sake of it.

Regardless, feel free to PM me your details and I'll take a look into it for you.

Thanks, Alex

Edited by SkyInsurance (see edit history)

• 2 months later...