The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Conversion of an TT Aerotop from auto to manual

Guest supratt69

Originally posted by Scooter

Gaz.........you know recently................that bargain sup.............well..............did you?..................you did!....................then maybe you should:flame Dev

Dunno what your talking about mate ;)

Project Aerotop 2 starts soon :D

Gaz

PS I've talked to Dude ;)

£4000 eh?

Well it would be possible to do it on 4 grand but you would have an equivalent of a stock 6 speed.

I'm uprating individual parts as I'm going along (ie uprated clutch/flywheel/ecu/revcounter etc etc.) and so far I'm budgeting on about £8500

All the Toyota parts alone are about £1000 or so.Then you've got your gearbox, propshaft and master/slave cylinders which are about £800 2nd hand. If you want the 6 speed diff that's gonna set you back another £500 plus the left hand drive shaft. 6 speed ecu £300. Then your gonna pay about £1500 or so for labour.

So what's that? £4100?

Not a bad price to pay for a bog std 6 speed aero TT. However like I said, if you then want to go about uprating any of those parts that's when the real price starts to come in.

Once I've finished doing my conversion I'll do a write up and include the costs and part no's of all the parts that I've bought.

Unfortunately (well not for me 'cause I'm a rubbish mechanic) I'm getting JPS to do the work, as they've done a couple of conversion's before. If you're really interested in doing this you could give them a call, you might be surprised!!

Regards

Yeah you could cut off the roof and put in a Aerotop one, A guy called Martin who used to work at PPS in Seaham did this to a golf. Took alot of time and effort though. But it can be done! ;)

Would look great ok a UK 6 speed, now that would be different! Though i'd be shitting it incase it came apart at 170mph!!!

then you'd have a convertible :eek:

Now theres a idea......convertible supra! lol :p

Found 'em on me computer at home :)

Rear shot, yes I know it says Lexus :eek:

http://www.mwhite.dsl.pipex.com/ImgMisc/supra01.jpg

Side on shot :cool:

http://www.mwhite.dsl.pipex.com/ImgMisc/supra02.jpg

Interior, hmmm v nice :)

http://www.mwhite.dsl.pipex.com/ImgMisc/supra03.jpg

Originally posted by Thorin

Dude, do you realise just what is involved in this conversion? It's not just sticking a getrag box in and adding a clutch pedal.

You dont say :stupid: and theres me thinking it would only take a morning , sorry Gaz i cant manage it as i was only gonna do the box and clutch pedal :eek:

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

You dont say :stupid: and theres me thinking it would only take a morning , sorry Gaz i cant manage it as i was only gonna do the box and clutch pedal :eek:

Dude:flame Dev

Thorin I know dude has been sniffing that paint for too many years but he aint that daft ;)

Gaz.