The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complaints Received from JDP Performance

Class One

Following complaints from Les @ JDP Performance, and in light of impending legal action against the club, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding JDP Performance that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims.

Regards,

Class One

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what's the point of a forum for enthiusiasts and alike if we aren't allowed to express our views on certain topics? so if we have bad dealings with anyone we should keep them quiet? its a sad day when a club gets threatend with legal action rather than a resolve or comprimise being made. Especially when its the members of that club that would spend a lot of money with the company that showed the most support and highest leves of customer service. fine, if thats their attitude, they can stick it - whether they had anything to do with TF or not. they've made their feelings clear, and i for one am happy to not have them here. no great loss, we already have some great traders on here who want our business.

my two pence worth.

what's the point of a forum for enthiusiasts and alike if we aren't allowed to express our views on certain topics? so if we have bad dealings with anyone we should keep them quiet? its a sad day when a club gets threatend with legal action rather than a resolve or comprimise being made. Especially when its the members of that club that would spend a lot of money with the company that showed the most support and highest leves of customer service. fine, if thats their attitude, they can stick it - whether they had anything to do with TF or not. they've made their feelings clear, and i for one am happy to not have them here. no great loss, we already have some great traders on here who want our business.

my two pence worth.

because you are tarring JDP with the same brush as turbofit, they are not turbofit even though some employees work there.

If sombody posted about a company like turbofit like the company i ran when all i had done was take on some of their better employees i think i'd be pretty fu*ked off too.

In that case why dont we just refer to them as the new turbofit. We all know who they are and a search should reveal.

P.S - employ someone else and you wont be refered to as one and the same. You made your bed....

because you are tarring JDP with the same brush as turbofit, they are not turbofit even though some employees work there.

If sombody posted about a company like turbofit like the company i ran when all i had done was take on some of their better employees i think i'd be pretty fu*ked off too.

LOL!

Specifically which bit of 'no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding JDP Performance that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging' did you not see?!

:p

what im getting at is that they have decided to threaten us with legal action rather than try and rectify the situation somehow. im not saying their work is bad, or that they dont know what they are doing. im not even saying they have anything to do with TF as i simply dont know enough about the whole situation to justify an definate answer. my gripe is the threat rather than comming to a solution.

p.s if a mod feels my previous post was a little strong or in anyway going to cause trouble, please feel free to delete/edit ;)

So the guy has fired the Turbofit people but rather than come on here and introduce himself, explain what's happening and say how much he'd like an undeniably sizeable market to give him a try he decides that the threat of legal action is the correct choice.

Doh!

So the guy has fired the Turbofit people but rather than come on here and introduce himself, explain what's happening and say how much he'd like an undeniably sizeable market to give him a try he decides that the threat of legal action is the correct choice.

Doh!

my point exactly.

p.s if a mod feels my previous post was a little strong or in anyway going to cause trouble, please feel free to delete/edit ;)

There is nothing wrong with your comments, they are neither libellous, inflammatory or potentially reputation damaging

There is nothing wrong with your comments, they are neither libellous, inflammatory or potentially reputation damaging

cool, thanks for clarifying, you can never be sure these days :rolleyes:

Can I have a go at all three in one sentence?

:rlol: trust you.

Is 'liable' written comments that are untrue?

Slander (harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech) and Libel (harmful statement in a fixed medium, especially writing but also a picture, sign, or electronic broadcast)

Did he even ask for the offending posts to be removed or went straight into full blown lawyer mode?

At this stage, no; they have not asked for specific posts to be removed. We are awaiting a response from JDP regarding their specific complaint to posts made on the forum.