The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to: Swap your heater matrix

Jezz

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread revival, just read this as may heater matrix is leaking. Have bypassed the matrix at moment but car is off road for few months and only running engine for 15minutes every couple weeks just to keep battery charged and engine running. I think may give this job a go as the guide does make it clear what need to do

• 11 months later...
Can anyone tell me how to take the passenger airbag out, there is 4 nuts underneith I have removed but cant for the life of me find anything else but it still won't budge.

Is there a chance it could go off without being connected?

Hey mate did you crack this in the end? Need to get my airbag out to hopefully access the central locking controller. Either that or take the whole dash off!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Put a flathead screwdriver in the area in green. Inside it a small grey tab, push it up and pull orange plug towards you and it will slide out.

https://imgur.com/raVwiBZhttps://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2020/02/5.png

Thanks Mike, I am still fighting with it, I can't see any gray tab

Edit: got it done at the end, cheers

Edited by MrGRT (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I pulled off my hoses earlier today and the pipes that come through the firewall are seriously corroded! Does anyone know if I can get these pipes separately or do I need to replace the whole lot? Thanks