The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Quote

accent

Hey I just got a quote from Admiral on confused.com for a Supra RZ Twin Turbo:

Now I thought this was an excellent deal and too good to be true, considering it's FULLY COMP and I'm only 19. So I check the details and it comes up a Toyota MR-2 instead of a Supra.

I was like WTF, obviously Admiral somehow got the car wrong because the price is too good and the car name is wrong. BUT I change the car to a Supra anyway and continue. Now I come across a question: "What was the best quote on your insurance?", and I put £1441.56, since that was what I was quoted on confused.com, not my mistake, theirs.

After finishing the details I get a fully comp quote of £1600! So what do you guys think? I was just checking for a quote out of interest so I won't be doing anything right now, and the quote expires in September so by the time I have the money for a Supra and insurance it will be many months from now anyway.

But could I use this quote at all as a reference in the future when I get a Supra or at least can I expect a similar quote? If only I had a Supra/money I would have went ahead with that quote!

its an online system,

and if you try to ring up in person, i dont think it will be that cheap.

i.e if u were to take out the policy it might be insured under the older mk3 model.

i wrote a massive letter when i finished with admiral on my old shit charade, saying how they couldnt define the different models and engine sizes.

since they looked into it and changed it all.

if u do take out a policy, check everything with a fine brush

I am with admiral and when I phoned them to change my car over to the supra the documents arrived with the engine size listed as 2957 cc which is the mkIII. Make sure you phone them and make sure they know its a 2997 cc. I was shocked as they had the year correct but I dont think they even made the mkIII in 94/95?? I am paying 913 fully comp on a UK TT as it was 87 quid more when they knew it was a mkiv.

online is bull*hit when you call them regarding that quote the price seems to raise as they go through the questions to confirm everything is correct

The opposite is true for me. I did an online quote direct with admiral on thier website and got a price of 1400. I thought this was fine and it was cheaper then anywhere else (Only 21)

When I came to actually phone them and buy the policy. I only had to pay a little over 800. When the documents arrived and said 2957cc i assumed that was why and expected to have to pay a load more when i corrected them but it was still 500 quid cheaper then thier online price.

No I'm certain it's the MkIV, it says a 2997cc 3-door coupe, Twin Turbo 95-96, it MUST be the MkIV model, it's under a UK manual petrol.

Well all I can say is I hope the quote I get when I eventually do get one within the next 2 or 3 years is similar or less to £1600.

But either way I'm gonna get a Supra and I'll finally be a part of this most wonderful site :D

Watch out. The UK is ALOT cheaper to insure then a import. The quote for me on an import was 2400 from the same insurer. :shock:

Thats why i had to get a UK spec. You will be very lucky if you can find/afford a UK manual; there are alot more autos then manuals.

As above, you might get stung under the import/UK thing... When I got mine, I'll admit I didn't research Sups too much, so assumed that the quote I got online for £900 for a TT Sup meant the NA I was after would be cheaper... Only when I bought the car, and phoned up to insure it I had the 'Sir, there is no non-turbo Supra, it doesn't exist, to me saying, yes it does, I'm stood by one, and I've driven it, Well it's not on our systems', and ending up with a £2k premium...

Best off you give them a call instead of going online with cars like this...

i am 25 with 4 years no claims and sky just quoted £498.23 full comp for my 1994 n/a wich i think is sound they want £690 for a tt wich i will be looking for next year.

Not a bad price that. My mrs is paying more than that now for her n/a manual and she is 26 with 7 years no claims thats with sky but has protected no claims and a agreed value.