The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unreliability Allegations Regarding AEM ECUs

mawby

Following complaints from Dan Turner on behalf of Advanced Engine Management Inc (AEM), and in light of legal action being threatened against the club, I am hereby requesting that no posts or threads are made on this forum regarding the possible unreliability of AEM ECUs that could be perceived as libellous, inflammatory, or potentially reputation damaging, unless you have documented evidence to back up your claims. Of course opinions are allowed as long as they are clearly idenfitied as being in your opinion, as are truthful, first-party experiences, but hearsay will be removed.

mawby

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh FFS, *I* (that's me, not the club) grow weary of these half-arsed companies that hide behind legal action instead of addressing the problems being highlighted.

For the record I recently sold my eManage Ultimate with a view to moving to AEM, in light of this and other feedback received I will no longer be doing so.

I don't believe this is a reflection on a supplier. I believe this is a result of someone who has an affiliation with a supplier who has spun a story to a supplier who is now using the grunt of the said supplier to attempt to cover his own issues.

Disclaimer : I have not mentioned any supplier or persons, and none should be assumed.

w000t go the big companies and their uber powerful lawyers...

I vote with ban the word AEM from the forum in an equally petty display of toy throwing! :D

I personally would ask for a statement DIRECTLY from Advanced Engine Management Inc (AEM), as opposed to someone who is a supplier and not in the employment of AEM.

Advanced Engine Management, Inc.

2205 126th Street, Unit A

Hawthorne Ca. 90250

Phone: (310) 484-2322

Fax: (310) 484-0152

Looks like Dan Turner is taking a leaf out of a "certain ex-trader"'s (can't think who that could be!) book on - legal action!

Personally, I reckon if Dan is threatening you mods by going legal - ban him from trading on the BBS.

:yeahthat: ban ban ban

Looks like Dan Turner is taking a leaf out of a "certain ex-trader"'s (can't think who that could be!) book on - legal action!

Personally, I reckon if Dan is threatening you mods by going legal - ban him from trading on the BBS.

Absolutely, please ban Mr Turnip, threats against the club should result in immediate dismissal IMO.

Dan is not listed as a dealer nor an authorised tuner:

ABP Motorsports

416 Newcastle Road, Shavington

Crewe, Cheshire CW2 5EB

tel 01270567177

[email protected]

Ji_kan "UK authorized and factory trained tuner"

5 York ride,

weedon, Northants NN7 4PF

tel +441327340123

http://www.jikan.co.uk

Planet Performance (UK) Ltd. / Funky Power

5 Drybridge Road, Dundonald

South Ayrshire, KA2 9HA

tel 01563 850 240

http://www.funkypower.com

Sumo Power

Kleer House

Sheerness Kent, ME12 1RS

tel +44 (0) 1795 668899

http://www.sumopower.com

Unless one of the above is his company name?!

Surely we should check the authenticity of claims with the manufacturer.

Dan is not listed as a dealer nor an authorised tuner:

ABP Motorsports

416 Newcastle Road, Shavington

Crewe, Cheshire CW2 5EB

tel 01270567177

[email protected]

Ji_kan "UK authorized and factory trained tuner"

5 York ride,

weedon, Northants NN7 4PF

tel +441327340123

http://www.jikan.co.uk

Planet Performance (UK) Ltd. / Funky Power

5 Drybridge Road, Dundonald

South Ayrshire, KA2 9HA

tel 01563 850 240

http://www.funkypower.com

Sumo Power

Kleer House

Sheerness Kent, ME12 1RS

tel +44 (0) 1795 668899

http://www.sumopower.com

Unless one of the above is his company name?!

Surely we should check the authenticity of claims with the manufacturer.

He works out of Ji-Kan Lewis.

Instead of threatening legal action against individuals opinions based on hearsay :rolleyes: As an AEM customer, I would actually hope that a duly authorised representative of AEM would come on here and both challenge the accusations and also stand up for themselves. I now have two cars running AEM and so I would like to know that they are not likely to fail in anyway.

PS. Anyone got an email address for AEM in the states ? Can't find one on their website.

Instead of threatening legal action against individuals opinions based on hearsay :rolleyes: As an AEM customer, I would actually hope that a duly authorised representative of AEM would come on here and both challenge the accusations and also stand up for themselves. I now have two cars running AEM and so I would like to know that they are not likely to fail in anyway.

PS. Anyone got an email address for AEM in the states ? Can't find one on their website.

Very good point

I'll phone them up and ask their opinion if you want, I've no bones about phoning anyone. *grin*

I have posted some contact details for AEM. As far as DT goes, he has posted on the AEM forum using the company name of JiKan, how far that connection goes I don't know.

Before people start throwing their toys regarding AEM, lets get the full facts, as I stated earlier I'm of the impression that Dan has thrown his toys out of the pram and provided AEM with selective information which they have responded as any company would do. Once they are fully informed then perhaps it will be a different matter.

In Dans voicemail that was left for me he clearly stated that AEM in the US had looked at the forum and asked him to sort it out.

That was about 5 hours after he had refused to come on to the forum to explain what had happened to Tooquick's car or accept any responsibility for it, stating that the car had been running 1.7bar when it arrived and was also running NOS the day before.

It is indeed an unfortunate situation when we may have to severely limit any discussions around AEMs, but if thats how they wish to play it. Perhaps they might like to google "mkiv supra aem" and see how many of the first 5 links actually come back to this forum....

JB

In Dans voicemail that was left for me he clearly stated that AEM in the US had looked at the forum and asked him to sort it out.

That was about 5 hours after he had refused to come on to the forum to explain what had happened to Tooquick's car or accept any responsibility for it, stating that the car had been running 1.7bar when it arrived and was also running NOS the day before.

It is indeed an unfortunate situation when we may have to severely limit any discussions around AEMs, but if thats how they wish to play it. Perhaps they might like to google "mkiv supra aem" and see how many of the first 5 links actually come back to this forum....

JB

If that was the message you recieved on my car direct from Dan then that is UNTRUE, the car was mapped to 1.35 bar by him a week earlier when we had an issue with a boost leak, I drove the car home and did not drive it again until the mapping session the following week upon which I have a fuel leak on the way, Turbofit corrected the fuel leak (split hose) and the car was taken to Dan for mapping the very next day, AT NO TIME was the NOS ever used by me as it had NEVER been mapped in for use, Dan ran NOS for the first time during the mapping session, why has he told you different ?

Guest dturne81

I represent AEM in Europe through APP and Ji-kan.

Anyone who wishes to contact me can call

01327 340123 or 01908 648955

regards

Dan Turner

Anyone who wishes to contact me can call

How about just being public and answering the questions that have already been posed?, provided of course the questions are reasonable. which majority of them are.

I personally am considering an AEM unit, but without further information I would walk away from an AEM purely on the initial impressions I have seen of yourself both from the results as well as your actions when dealing with the matters which have been brought up on this forum.