The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Today Is The Day!!!

ellis

After a long, long, long 6 month wait, many swear words, copious amounts of cash, many miles driven and prayers to the gods of every religion, at 5pm today man and machine will be reunited in a tear-filled moment the likes of which have not been seen since I smacked my finger with a 5lb lump hammer at the weekend breaking my old kitchen up!

I actually hesitated as to whether I should actually put this thread up in case it jinxed the whole bloody thing and I looked to the horizon to see a small mushroom cloud over Nottingham under which is a crater where my car once was!

Next step is to rack some miles up, down to Interpro for a check over and then over to Weston for a remap and boost controller!! Lost of blatting up and down the A1 between now and Dragonball to get her tested and run-in!!

Oh the joy, the anxiety!!

I do have to reiterate my thanks to Paul E and CJ though who have helped immensely with getting this back on track for me - thanks guys - invaluable help.

And to Dave, Jason and Jody at Interpro for sorting the rest out!

Your excitement certainly courses through the veins of that post Ellis. Good news indeed. I have however been away for an eternity - what happened to the Supe?

Well . . . . . . . . piston rings went on the original engine so we thought a quick and efficient fix would be to fit another short motor! Did that and a crank seal blew! Fitted another seal, that blew too!! Took engine out again and took it back to whence it came! A rebuild was decided upon with new forged internals etc etc etc! As its been a 'hospital' job at my garage its taken longer than normal to complete. Tubbies have been refurbed, stem seals done and everything and anything that could be replaced, renewed or refurbed has been!!

Thats 6 months condensed into 6 lines!

Havard - next rant could be about anything!!! I'm on the lookout for new material!!!

Yes!! :innocent:

This may help me justify my purchase of an NA as the bills for a TT would have scared the sh!t out of me!

H.

Well, as well as the engine bits, refurbs, couple of suspension bits and other odds and ends, we're looking at over £7K so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as well as the engine bits, refurbs, couple of suspension bits and other odds and ends, we're looking at over £7K so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :faint: :eek: :cry:

Christ! That is more than the budget I had to buy a car!!

Hope you enjoy it when you get it back Ellis!;)

H.

Good luck and I can relate to your problems mine have been too many too list but she is now at Envy and should have her back soon ish. At last someone who knows what they are doing is on the job, I wasted over 6K with idiots who F£$*ked it up and it was off the road for about 6mnth while I sold my flat to pay for the work that is needed.

She's home!! Back where she belongs - felt like a new car last night bimbling along back roads, putting some much needed miles on her. Almost instantly that knowing grin reappeared on my face and all the other hassles going on at the moment suddenly vapourised!!

With my awesome friends we created a 2 car convoy from Nottingham back to Lincoln plus the obligatory cruise round the town! God I missed the old girl!

Pleased for you Ellis. It's nice to have a good run......;)

I am off on a loooooooooong trip today. From Bolton to Colwyn bay, then to Aberystwyth, then to Bridgend with the wife!

Couple of days in South Wales all based around driving the Supe on the twisties!!:)

H.

How many miles have you got to put on before the Dragonball Ellis?

At least 1,500 - more like 2,000 to be safe!

Interpro want to take a look at it all installed to issue the warranty (they did the rebuild but not the installation) and I'd like to get it over to Weston for a boost controller and a mapping session! Need as many miles as possible on it before I let it loose on a rolling road!!!

So much blatting around (gently of course) every day until then!!

Pleased for you Ellis. It's nice to have a good run......;)

I am off on a loooooooooong trip today. From Bolton to Colwyn bay, then to Aberystwyth, then to Bridgend with the wife!

Couple of days in South Wales all based around driving the Supe on the twisties!!:)

H.

Sounds great - good weather for it too - it will be joyous!!