The mkiv Supra Owners Club

error codes 14 and 31

hodge

When the cars cold its spluttering when started with trouble ticking over. Once its warmed up abit it sorts itself out and ticks over great sounds spot on.

The cars just came back from envy as i had the cylinder head reconed. I did all the head work myself. And the cars ran better than ever for around 3 days then starting to play up again.

It took altogether just over 5 months to find out it was the hea that was the problem and get the car back.

I knew 31 is map sensor but thats ok and 14 is ignition signal.

Any advice.

• 8 years later...

Cheers Chris will do, I've Just pulled each of the coil pack clips off the coils one by one and the 5th one from the front of the car does not change the sound of the misfire all the others do. Are the coil packs interchangeable so I can swap them around to see if it's the plug or the coil pack that nackad

What was it then ?

Yes, PLEASE always post what the fix was to help others in the future!

Sorry lads thought I had posted what it was, It was the actual coil pack clip on the harness visually looked ok but the wires must of been touching. After moving the coil packs like you said Chris the same (5th) clip was still not changing the effect of the engine so I put a new one on. :-)

To do a proper job you should buy the terminal repair wires as well. Just changing the plastic enclosures will renew the plastic connector shells, but you

are still using 20 year old terminals that live in a rather hostile environment. I would recommend you fit repair kits and replace the old connectors as well.

To do a proper job you should buy the terminal repair wires as well. Just changing the plastic enclosures will renew the plastic connector shells, but you

are still using 20 year old terminals that live in a rather hostile environment. I would recommend you fit repair kits and replace the old connectors as well.

That's what I did Chris I bought the full kit off eBay I'm sure it was off a lad on here who sells them.