The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! insurance claim question

albundy68

just been to BP garage in company prius,

im trying to get off the main road into the station and this dippy woman in a giant toyota saloony thing is sat on edge waiting,

my (cars) arse is still sitting out on main road so i pull in (slooooooowly) as close as poss behind her so traffic on main road can get past,

i felt no contact, but she jumps out sayin ive hit her, (if, and i mean IF) i did it was at about 0.1mph and like i said i felt no contact,

anyway, i got her to pull in, and there was a tiny scratch, (poss even just a mark) on her rear bumper,

she insisted on gettin my details so i gave em,

now im brikkin it that she'll make a claim, itd be on the company policy, (so trouble) and last thing i need is a claim to declare on my supe insurance,

so if she does claim, can i deny touching her, or would i have no chance?

any advice gents? (and ladies)

yeah could be that she wont claim,

if she did theres no proof the scratch wasnt there before, so surely its her word against mine isnt it?

i shouldnt have thought whiplash etc could be claimed, because the (lack of) damage would be enough to show it was a tiny impact, (if any)

Sounds like shes trying it on, best action is always to take photos of suspected damage.

My old man went into the back of a van at a roundabout at about2 miles an hour no scratch on the van. The guy later tried to claim for whiplash, new rear bumper etc got £300 insurance company wouldn't dispute it.

I had much the same as this in a hospital carpark - only difference was that I did slightly scrape the cars wheel arch.

Woman wasn't at all phased because there were a couple of other small scrapes already. I insisted on giving her my details anyway even though she swore she wasn't going to tell her insurers.

Of course, I didn't bother reporting it either.

A couple of months later I had a shitty call from my insurers asking why I hadn't reported an accident I'd had. Turns out the woman HAD reported the bump - and was claiming about a thousand for a respray!

I explained the situation but, despite my insistence that it was only a very small scratch that would definitely have come out with T-Cut and the woman was trying it on, they didn't dispute the claim.

There's a moral there somewhere, nowadays I always carry a camera in the car...

to be fair, i probably p*ssed her off because i was behind her waving her forward because she was blatently blocking the entrance with loads of room in front of her and i was blocking the main road because she wouldnt move forwards and let me past,

so hopefully she was just annoyed, and wont see any point in claiming for the worlds smallest scratch, that i still maintain i didnt do,

oh i dont know,

you live and learn i guess, next time ill just block up the road and let everyone behind me wait...

Women shouldn't be allowed cars.

By the way that's just bitterness still from the woman who drove into my Supra last week then claimed it was my fault. Thought I'd clarify before I get shot at by lady members here.

But it's true!