The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello there!.... please help..

Guest boostcontrol

Guest boostcontrol

Hello everyone, I've just defected from the skyline owners forum to glean a little information from you MKIV owners, I hope you can help. I currently own a heavily modified GTS-T, but a recent scrape with the law has pushed my insurance beyond the acceptable level, and I'm forced to sell. Now to me the best looking normaly aspirated car in the world is Supra IV SZ, and seems like a logical choice in order to save some cash, and still have fun, but will the drop in performance be a major bugbear (I'm currently running 372 at the fly)? And how easy is it to get power gain on modding the n/a? Who out there is running a pretty quick one...? Advice please..!:)

difficult, and pretty expensive mate.

basically an exhaust and double decat should see you around 225-230 i believe and after that you're looking at either NOS or an n/a-t conversion in which case you may well go for a TT.

Welcome!! I think it is well documented on here that the NA is very limited in term of tuning. Someone will be along shortly to give specifics but an increase of 25 HP above standard is ab out the max IIRC!!

I have NA and I am more than happy with the performance. Then again I have never had anything as powerful before!!;)

H.

Guest boostcontrol

ahh..Well My skyline is hitting 60 in about 5 seconds, and I'm happy with that, what sort of time are we talking with the power you describe? If it's less than 6 seconds... I'll buy one now!

ahh..Well My skyline is hitting 60 in about 5 seconds, and I'm happy with that, what sort of time are we talking with the power you describe? If it's less than 6 seconds... I'll buy one now!

nah, for an n/a you'll generally be looking at around 6 1/2 secs.

You're kidding!!!

Why is this?

strange but true mate. it could have something to do with the fact that the n/a was only ever available as an import whereas you could get UK TT's.

it's not always the case but some people have found that there is very little or no difference between insuring the TT and n/a.

yea my insurace for n/a import was over the price of a uk tt

uk tt quote was a BARGIN!!

i was just to scared to do it lol

UK TT's are much cheaper to insure being a UK car.

You'd also find that as such, the UK cars carry a premium to buy in the first place so it's six and half a dozen really.

In my experience the NA is much more expensive to insure than the TT, probably on a par with an unmodified R33 GTS-T. You'll find the TT Supra, especially the UK model, suprprisingly cheap to insure so get some quotes then decide which model of Supra - it'll no doubt be much cheaper than your current car to insure as I remember looking at prices of Skyline insurance and they were all pretty much the same rediculously high prices regardless of model so you were as well to get the GT-R!

Cheers,

Brian.

Guest boostcontrol
yea my insurace for n/a import was over the price of a uk tt

uk tt quote was a BARGIN!!

i was just to scared to do it lol

Hmmm.. this is more complex than I thought.

Don't think I have the budget for a uk TT. I have about 5K to spend, but most I've seen are in the region of 9K. N/a's seem more within my budget- errrrr.. surely the SZ will be cheaper to insure than my GTS-T though?(also an import) Maybe I should try out some quotes...

I have a customer on here 'AK' Adam he has a N reg Facelift NA 5 Speed, that runs 251.5hp.... I havent herd of any more powerfull..

From what i can see Its got a HKS Cam, and a stock reprofiled one, with HKS cam pullys... And a modified Stock ECU that allows the engine to rev to just over 8K! Itll keep up with a Standard TT...

Its a beast... anyone know of an NA with more power, without the use of a turbo or NOS?

Guest boostcontrol
I have a customer on here 'AK' Adam he has a N reg Facelift NA 5 Speed, that runs 251.5hp.... I havent herd of any more powerfull..

From what i can see Its got a HKS Cam, and a stock reprofiled one, with HKS cam pullys... And a modified Stock ECU that allows the engine to rev to just over 8K! Itll keep up with a Standard TT...

Its a beast... anyone know of an NA with more power, without the use of a turbo or NOS?

Ooh.. Maybe he'd like to sell it to me?..;)

Hi and welcome! :hello: You could get both a NA and TT ride from local Supra owners, I'm sure they'l be glad to oblige - may help you to decide? Just don't get a ride in a single turbo conversion cus you'll never be the same again...:faint: addicted and determined to go the same route...:D Good luck!

Guest boostcontrol

Well if there are any owners in the Swindon area on board, Please give me a shout- there's a pint in it for ya! No auto's though please, just a personal preference!

Also cars for sale! I would consider any MKIV for the right price!

(spesh silver!) PM me! Arigato!

Well if there are any owners in the Swindon area on board, Please give me a shout- there's a pint in it for ya! No auto's though please, just a personal preference!

Also cars for sale! I would consider any MKIV for the right price!

(spesh silver!) PM me! Arigato!

Before you bin the auto box idea, check out a few threads as the auto in the TT gives you quicker times than the manual and is well rated by this lot ;) Also a lot stronger for dealing with all that POWER!!! :ecstatic:

Guest boostcontrol
Before you bin the auto box idea, check out a few threads as the auto in the TT gives you quicker times than the manual and is well rated by this lot ;) Also a lot stronger for dealing with all that POWER!!! :ecstatic:

It's not the perfume mate, it's the pleasure. Just feel a little less involved with both hands on the wheel :eyebrows: