The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys!

SupraSkunk

Hi... i've always been a Supra fan, loved my mk3 turbo and wanted an mk4 RZ but i didnt have the 5-£6000 for a good one, anyway i spotted this Jap import SZ parked outside a shop about 6 months ago and wondered why it never moved, so the other day i went to the shop to ask who owned it, the guy in the shop said it was his and he'd put it up for sale a year ago for £5000 but no one inquired about it and it had been sat there ever since, i told him that it was probably because the £5000 price tag was too high for an SZ, he said he wanted £3500 for it but the tax and mot had run out while it had been parked there,so i told him id be willing to give him £2500 for it as it was with no tax or mot but he said he wouldn't let it go for less than £3000 as he paid nearly £7000 for it. I told him £3000 was too much for a car with no mot and tax and that 2500 was my limit and just left him my number...a week later he phoned me up and said he'd take the £2500 for it so i took it for a test drive and then got my mate to help me look it over at my garage, everything was fine all it needed for an mot was a new tyre some rear brake pads and some wipers, i paid him the £2500 and got myself a real bargain, imaculate 1994 sz jap import all standard and not toyed with at all and with only 60,000miles on the clock, i love the car more than any other i've ever had and im very pleased that i have at last got a mk4 supra...i know its a non turbo but im already looking at a turbo kit for it for £1500.....i cant wait.

Anyway just wanted to say hi to everyone and if anyone has any suggestions about turbo kits for an SZ non turbo any input would be great.:)

Also the bumber side lights are missing (See Photo) and i've looked everywhere and cant find them for sale so if anyone knows where i can get some please let me know...thanks!

28-02-07_1643(edited).JPG

28-02-07_1645(edited).JPG

28-02-07_1644(edited).JPG

25-02-07_1419(edited).JPG

03-02-07_1657(edited).JPG

looks a bargain mate! hope you enjoy it :)

for turbo kits, i'd speak to Turbofit but only after making sure the car is in tip top condition service wise.

as for the indicator things missing, it's because it's got a face-lift bumper on (i.e. post '96). do you know why? should be easy enough to get some if you want like, try steve manley at Inchscape Toyota (do a search for him on here, he gives us a cracking discount).

all the best mate.

ian

Thanks for warm welcome guys, and yep the wheels came with it and im gonna service it this weekend, im not sure why it has the face lift front bumper but hey...i dont really care either :D

the engine is sound for a Turbo conversion only 60,000 and sounds very healthy...just needs some fresh Castrol Magnetx, some new plugs, oil/air filter ect... and she'll be sweet.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and the advice on the bumper lights, i'm really pleased to be a member of the club, i'll send my club fee in asap :)

Welcome!! Looks like you goit yourself a little bargain there.!!

H.

Thanks m8....when i picked it up it was so dirty after a year of sitting outside a shop but after i got it home and gave it the full Autoglym treatment (shampoo, resin polish and extra gloss) she looks sweet!....you gotta love the glym lol

check these before i cleaned it picture's outside the shop where it had been parked up for year....

05-02-07_0836.JPG

05-02-07_0837.JPG

Blimey! If I'm right, then those are a set of Volks it's sat on - that's about £2k worth of wheels already!

yeah they are m8...wow i thought they looked ok but i didn't think they were worth that....sweet....they are 18"s with 265 wide tyres on the back and 235's on the front.....hope i dont have to get any rear tyres too soon £££££££££££££:D

brilliant bargain! especially with them wheels and the oem sideskirts!

i was thinking about that front end too, get that checked out, might be just an innocent bump though.

yeah it just had a new bumper i think as there is no damage to the front end at all.

Welcome :D

I take it the V5 all checked out to the owners registered address?

Just imagine some guy in a shop randomly selling a customers parked car :p

yeah all ok got it hpi'd before i got it the guy still had the original ad from the garage where it came from and he paid almost 7k for it.....cant believe i got it 2.5k haha bet he's gutted lol

im now far from impressed :(

i have the exact car year model etc and paid £4000 for it since then the alarm broke i had to replace the battery the car was runnin on nearly NO oil

oh and then i crashed it

GOOD FIND and she is really hot :)

Sorry to hear that bud but hey remember this car had no tax or mot and cos he tried to sell it for £5000 it sat there a while with no interest in it so that was half the reason i got so cheap.

Oh and cheers for the nice comments about it.

Also can anyone tell me what those missing lights in the bumper are called so i know what to ask for....cheers

im now far from impressed :(

i have the exact car year model etc and paid £4000 for it since then the alarm broke i had to replace the battery the car was runnin on nearly NO oil

oh and then i crashed it

If it's any consolation the car you traded in against the Supra continues to present it's new owner with a weekly batch of bills, it currently doesn't start and even if it did it would be unsafe to drive with those nasty looking alloys on :)

Sorry to hear you aren't happy with yours though, I had it at my house while he was on holiday and checked all the fluids, washed and waxed it and didn't have any issues with the battery or alarm - he hardly had chance to drive it once he came back so I've no idea what went wrong after then... apart from the crash.

I thought the car was worth the asking price BTW, it was a really nice example in it's pre-accident state and amongst the cheapest available at the time. I was tempted to buy it for my other half but she wanted a Grande Punto :rolleyes:

Anyway I hope it all gets sorted out soon so you can enjoy it again.