The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello guys, noob member,your help please!

Guest Japracer71

Guest Japracer71

Hi to you all:wave:

I have just defected from CCUK (Celica Club UK) and have recently sold my Gen 7 190. Some of you guys on here will know me as ConradR from the club.

Chanaged my name on here to Japracer71, as it is my gamertag on Xbox Live for all you virtual racers out there!:)

I've just joined the club and will be looking to buy a supra soon.

I really want to get some advice from those of you who have knowlege of owning and running a soop, what the best way forward for me is.......

I really want to buy an import with the idea of spending loads on the dash, not much on the flash at first. I want all go, not much show! I want to stick it on a diet and strip everything out, fit a roll cage and have a really really fast car......

Now, is it a better idea just to get a good stock import and go from there or buy one that has mild mods and build it up from that. I have a good basic understanding of tuning and am reasonably good under the bonnet( I did all the work to my celi myself), however, all the big mods, ie turbos, intercooler, computers(re-mapping etc) etc. I will leave to the experts!!

So whats your general thoughts?

Any advice will be very gratefully recieved!:notworthy

Welcome to the forum / club.

It would be more cost effective to buy a car that's already modded and then spend a little bit of money making it exactly how you want.

Jurgen is a respected member & importer who often finds ex tuner demo machines that should meet your needs.

Guest Japracer71
Welcome to the club mate. Yea ur best bet wud be Jurgen.

I got my Soop imported from Jurgen, he got me a cracker check my Garage.

Sweet ride!

Yer, thats the kinda thing Im after, just fairly stock but with a few mods, nothing to major as I want to do most of the work myself and choose the parts myself. I take it Jurgen is a member on here?

Thankyou for your help so far!:)

Just to echo whats been said already, if you're planning on big mods down the line it would make more sense to buy one with all the basic things done already (FMIC, suspension, BPU). They don't tend to cost much more than a standard car but some will have £10k of parts on them.

With the way the market is now it makes more sense to get a reasonably modified one in the UK rather than a fresh import. The imports now only make sense if you're buying some special or something with low miles (worth checking for clocking though!)

I take it Jurgen is a member on here?

Yep, top chap too: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=1689

Guest Japracer71

Thankyou for all you kind welcomes!

I have had a good look at the supra model guide and think Im gonna go for a facelift RZ import.

I dont see much point in getting the GZ as Im going to be ripping most of the interior out! What a waste of leather!:D

I would love an aero top, but a good TT manual version seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo!:)

I dont want an auto as I love driving with a feeling of I actually have something to do with driving the car! (No disrespect to all you auto owners!) And I will end up changing the clutch,flywheel, and gear box to a race spec versions anyway.....

Now the hurt is on.I will PM Jurguon? and see what he says......thanks again for the tip!

Guest Japracer71
Welcome fella, I'm sure I've seen your car about the meets or posting over at nc.org.. name rings a bell anyway. Got any pics?

Yer, don't think I can upload them yet as Im not a club memeber yet....:(

Cheques in the post and all that......

Wait till ya see my boot install !! was a thing of beauty I tell ya!

And I will end up changing the clutch,flywheel, and gear box to a race spec versions anyway.....

I'm not as technically minded as a lot of the guys on here but the stock gearbox is nigh on indestructible from what I've gathered, so doesn't necessarily need to be replaced to deal with enormous amounts of power/torque.

Welcome to the club btw! It's quite addictive...

Look into my eyes, my eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes.......................

......You're Under.................

You will want to buy a Gunmetal Facelift TT6 and will save your money up to get SupraGaz's in a couple of months for the full asking price...........

.....3 - 2 - 1 ...............And you're back in the room!!! :p

Guest Japracer71
Look into my eyes, my eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes.......................

......You're Under.................

You will want to buy a Gunmetal Facelift TT6 and will save your money up to get SupraGaz's in a couple of months for the full asking price...........

.....3 - 2 - 1 ...............And you're back in the room!!! :p

I think you and I should talk........

Got any piccys and spec list? What are you asking for it?

Its the EXACT clour I want too! Fate is calling me!......

EDIT. Forget the piccys, just saw your garage! OH MI GAWD!!!! That is one sweet sweet car.....me want!!!!

We need to talk........

Guest Japracer71
Welcome to the club sir :thumbs:

Gaz that was a neat bit of hypnotismy stuff you did there, does it work on girls too? :sly:

Dude, check his garage and your'll understand.........

Gaz, does it work on girls?????:sly: :devil: