The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finaly got it!

Guigsy

Yes, i fanaly picked up my supra today. Bit of a mad day. Heres how it went on. i know you might not want to know but i wanna tell someone :p

Up at 8. Taxi got me at 9:30. picked it up at about 11 after paperwork and chit chat etc. Had a bit of trouble locating reverse. And tuneing the radio :p its quite different to my clio.

Drove up to see my parents in sheffield, on the way to the motorway a guy in a prelude wanted to play. After leaving him behind a couple of times i let him go as id barely been in the car 30 mins. Anyway got to my parents and descovered the Guy i baught it off forgot to take (and i didnt give it him i guess) the registration doc he has to send off!

Then i found out as it still has the old prive plates on i possibly technicaly shouldnt even be driving it.... more on that in a mo...

Came back home. Pulled out of a junction a bit quick and things got slightly squiffy. But not 2 bad, now i know the limit i guess :). On the motorway i pulled into leister forrest east services for a break. As i turned the corner to the carpark i dipped the clutch and blipped the throttle a bit (still cant get enough of that noise). Guess what was just out of my vission as i came into the carpark... What looked to be a little gathering of modded corsa's and saxo's etc. some of them were a bit dull. a few others were quite nice. highly pollished. neons. screens in headrests etc. They all looked at me. i felt a bit daft :D

I came home and a guy in a rover wanted some. but it was the town center and dark. which just isnt going to happen (although i did leave him at the lights then backed off :)

Found a parking space i didnt have to parralel park into and watched top gear :p

So anyway. i have some questions.

I dont have the correct plate on the car at the moment. i have all the documentation i need to get the new plates but the guy i baught them off said it was going to take a while to get the rear one as it was a strange size. Its not square its oblong. Ive found this site. http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php

Anyone know it? And what size is the rear plate? The bumper is standard

The chrome rims on my dials are knackered and one of the cluster of 3 has gotten lost somewhere. Does anyone know where i can get some more?

hia mate and welcome, nice to see you threw off the chavish clio and got a proper car lol.

soops are certainly different driving to a clio tho so be careful had mine 6 months know and still forget myself, took her sideways thismoring going home from work and that was just turning left lol.

ask nic (import pimp) he does the dash rings i think

definately wont. wish i had a camera to take some pictures. ill have to get it sorted out :)

Plate size choice i have is.

330mm x 152mm rear

330mm x 165mm rear

330mm x 178mm rear (this one i think?)

330mm x 203mm rear

I will measure later.

Also. It being a standard J-spec... the breaks are piss poor. Feels like im trying to stop a oil tanker. Or maybe im not used to it yet. How dificult is it to get this fixed? what are my options? and how much would it cost? i dont wanna go mad with drilled/vented flashy stuff. just so it will stop my car quicker :) For safety more than anything

Well done fellah! :salute: :thumbs: you'll prob never be able to get enough of that ROOAR!!! Only had my beast since December, each time out for a 'run' I come back with an ever bigger smile :D (I'll split my ears soon!) Glad your having fun with it already, keep your eye open on the forum for meets and shows and enjoy!! :D lol

nothing flashy. a J-spec 5 spd manual, non turbo, 97 facelift. 50k miles, Completely standard. Has still got the origonal mats and radio :p

Here is the only picture i have of it, i posted it before. I will hopefully get some better ones soon.

http://img.kelkoo.com/uk/320x240/726/497/0010777145495026788743599297476819497726.jpg

nothing flashy. a J-spec 5 spd manual, non turbo, 97 facelift. 50k miles, Completely standard. Has still got the origonal mats and radio :p

Here is the only picture i have of it, i posted it before. I will hopefully get some better ones soon.

Looks like a very clean and tidy car, not many completely original Supras left, one of the best colours too :thumbs:

Also. It being a standard J-spec... the breaks are piss poor. Feels like im trying to stop a oil tanker. Or maybe im not used to it yet. How dificult is it to get this fixed? what are my options? and how much would it cost? i dont wanna go mad with drilled/vented flashy stuff. just so it will stop my car quicker :) For safety more than anything

Sheeeesh, cant believe Nic/del boy didnt jump on this :p

UK brakes are likely your best bet sir :)

(however, i thought facelift NAs came with larger UK brakes, or were they only optional?)