The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT VVTI Rolling Roaded Today

supra-mike1984

Hi everyone,

Just signed up on here, as ive just swopped my old Supra SZ for a Stock 1998 Facelift Supra TT VVTI Tiptronic. Just had it rolling roaded at HiTech Motorsports in cradley heath, and the results he gave me was a figure of 288bhp at the wheels and 290 lb/ft Torque. Does anyone know if this seems good/bad/accurate??? I have searched on here before to see what the Stock figure for the VVTI was, and I couldnt find anything :search:

Hi everyone,

Just signed up on here, as ive just swopped my old Supra SZ for a Stock 1998 Facelift Supra TT VVTI Tiptronic. Just had it rolling roaded at HiTech Motorsports in cradley heath, and the results he gave me was a figure of 288bhp at the wheels and 290 lb/ft Torque. Does anyone know if this seems good/bad/accurate??? I have searched on here before to see what the Stock figure for the VVTI was, and I couldnt find anything :search:

The AT WHEELS figure is good. You're going through an AUTO box which robs a lot of power....I'd estimate 345BHP at the fly with a 20% transmission loss.

Hi Everyone thanks for the repies!

Yeah the car is pretty much stock as far as I can see, i dont have any paperwork for any modifications come with the car, and the only thing ive added done apart from changing the wheels is put in a HKS Panel Filter.

I think the RR itself is fairly accurate on appearance, as my friend put his RX7 Type-R on there which was pretty stock aswell, and that came out as 238bhp at the wheels, and their 276bhp stock at the fly i think......(?)

Pics uploaded soon!!!! :)

Future mods....... im not really sure......i would like to, but ive heard they are not quite as straight forward as a non-vvti TT to mod. Anybody able to shed any light on that???? :search:

Only from an ECU tuning point of view (which you'll only need for fairly major upgrading). Other than that they're the same.

I've had no issues modding mine... Check out my garage for the specs. One thing i noticed was that after i added the FMIC i got more lag in between gear changes. Adding the exhaust and removing the rear cat was the best move i ever made and the new airfilter was nice too. The FMIC and SSQV made it slightly more laggy...but i'm sure they'll be of more use when i go single :)

Before adding my boost controller i was holding at a steady 0.9bar (after all the mods) and now can pull into 1.2-1.25 without running lean on the standard turbo's/injectors/fuel bits, but to be honest it doesn't make too much difference if all you do is drive on the roads (normal driving). The added boost is quite noticable at full "lunatic mode" though.

Great stuff thanks! Going slightly off topic, my front discs appear to have warped. So ive got the new discs n pads, etc, to put onto my car, but the 2 long pins that the UK Spec brakes have that feed though the top of the pads and into the caliper have rusted and corroded to the caliper, hence i will be needing to replace them. Does anyone know the best place to get them from or are they a 'dealer only' part????? :rolleyes: