The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Odometer board - am i miissing something?

evinX

That does look as far as you can tell from that photo that there was something there.

However, you said in a previous post that you have done the pink wire mod, so if thats the case not a lot on the odo board other than a dead short that would kill the VSS signal and would possibly cause you gear shift problems. As built the VSS signal goes through a small buffer circuit before heading off to other places. The pink wire mod essentially bypasses this buffer and the odo only needs to see the signal to clock up.

That does look as far as you can tell from that photo that there was something there.

However, you said in a previous post that you have done the pink wire mod, so if thats the case not a lot on the odo board other than a dead short that would kill the VSS signal and would possibly cause you gear shift problems. As built the VSS signal goes through a small buffer circuit before heading off to other places. The pink wire mod essentially bypasses this buffer and the odo only needs to see the signal to clock up.

Ok cheers Shane makes sence. The odo racks up the miles so thall mean the signal is good. Can knock the odo out of the equation. Spoke to Keron, going to look at the speedo converter. I rememver DavidP soldering it and it was a tiny chip with a hole in it. Going for a decent built kit.

Ok cheers Shane makes sence. The odo racks up the miles so thall mean the signal is good. Can knock the odo out of the equation. Spoke to Keron, going to look at the speedo converter. I rememver DavidP soldering it and it was a tiny chip with a hole in it. Going for a decent built kit.

If you have the pimk wire mod you can actually unplug the odo board completely and that would take the odo out of the picture 100%. Out of interest, what is the actual problem you are trying to sort out?

If you have the pimk wire mod you can actually unplug the odo board completely and that would take the odo out of the picture 100%. Out of interest, what is the actual problem you are trying to sort out?

I did a post about idle in this section with a video, on cold start im get a thudding and change of exhaust note. Youd think timing is the culprit but it drives fine and when warm it purrs perfectly. But around 1k revs it likes to thud a little. And sometimes accelerating. But not often enough to be something consistant.

So far im thinking...ICV...speedo converter failing causing dodgy signals...ecu again?...transmission sensors. I know its idle related but im so sure the timings bang on as we did the water pump recently and timing was taken care of