The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Previous Owners in Japan

tayr

Something I’ve been really interested in, is finding information or pictures of my car while it was owned out in japan

I’ve come across a couple websites that offer full names and addresses of all owners (translated)

I wonder wether it’s worth buying a service like this and writing to them with photos etc. In the hope the address is still valid. Or if the car was at a dealer, whether there were any photos

Anyone used a similar service or know ways of finding out more detailed history (other than previous auctions

https://japancarhistorycheck.com/japanese-owner-history/

I’ve used carvx but that’s doesn’t give you owner history

Edited by tayr (see edit history)

Car vx is pretty good, it shows everything and is only £25

Much better then £200 one imo

It includes auction photos, the auction sheet, previous owners and mileage and where it's lived its life, also shows abit more info

Very good bit of kit

I've got multiple Car VX's but they don't show previous owners?

I did a free search on my VIN and it came back as nothing known. Seing my car was exported in 1998 it probably indicates that it is only of any value on cars with a reecent history in Japan.

If the car wasn’t auctioned I don’t think it will have much. It’s saved me from buying in essence cat D/C cars in the past including pictures

Ah, mine showed..

The cars auction grading

A picture of the auction sheet

The odometer history from 1st registration (partial)

Where the car lived its life

Its history in relation to crashes

And what auction in japan it was sold through

Ntb for £25

• 1 month later...

Just resurrecting this - still umm'ing and ahh'ing over whether i can justify £150 to find out the previous owners names and addresses.

It's a really cool feature but don't want to be the first one to try it and get disappointed if there is a lack of information.

I had this part of the email today and kind of puts me off a bit..

*Note that most vehicles will typically have one or two pages of Owner History, but we won’t know how many pages there are until we obtain your documents. For each extra page we charge 30 USD to cover additional application fees and translation, this will be invoiced to you if required, before we commence translation.

To me it's worth it if the information is good. But if it's average then obviously not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add my 2c re Car VX on my two imports, one (non auction) showed very little bar mileage checks at MLIT but none at export and that there was no problems. The other (auction car) showed the auction data, no auction report though, same mileage info as other car and also showed that it had a manufacturer recall done. I didn't know which one was done previously only my car had the sticker on the window saying it had one done. This report told me what was done in poorly translated English.