The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing seats, seat harness/belts and harness mounting bar info

SupraTRD_MK4

Good day mates

I am really unhappy with what I have to work with. To be honest if I found someone local willing to swap me working seat bolsters, belts and good condition seats, I would swap it all in a heart beat.

Maybe I am frustrated but I also was never a fan of racing seats.

So I have Sparco reclinable race seats, 4 point Sparco seat belts and a Sparco harness bar that mounts to the rear of your head in the original seat belt mount points on the B pillars I believe they are.

I see the lap/waist mounts are tied down on the OEM belt section near the floor. So that's fine I guess. I however have the other two straps going over shoulders through the seats and somewhere they suppose to mount. I cannot fold them up and around the bar and tie them down to the bar as I don't have that sliding bracket and secondly because at the end, there is those triangle looking mount plates on the shoulder straps. I would assume they need to go to the floor at the back seats or 45 degrees below to the back seat mount points to floor board. Any ideas?

Anyone can chime in with photos or tell me what should I do with this or how can I make it work?

I found an article by Takata on a racing website explaining how they work and why you want to mount it like this and not this way and so on. I also watched a video on Youtube by Shcrott racing belts. So the belt straps for shoulder would need to be 0 to 20 degree lower then my shoulder height or the point where they come out through the seat. How I mount this is beyond me. As I said, would probably need to buy that other sliding bracket. Think I need to change them otherwise unless I can find someone willing to swap them out for me with the OEM stuff.

Anyone have this set up? Have done this before with a mate? Know what I can do? Help much appreciated. Oh and the belts aren't expired so don't wana just chuck'em out yet.

Pictures will help with this. Can you post up?

I can take a picture of mine if it's a help, but does the shoulder straps still have the buckles? I recall they just get untied hooped around the harness bar and back into the buckle to tighten? The triangles are probably weld plates but can be welded to the harness bar if the correct shape. It might be the belts weren't ever meant to match the harness bar. You could buy replacement belts (rather than the whole lot) that are meant to fit to harness bar. You don't want them to the floor

I can but taking photos will haveta find the time. I would appreciate yours as well. Ideas help alot. Only buckle is the one on the waist. The belt system looks like a U where the bottom joins over waist and the sides of the U go over shoulders. They have triangles on the end with the mounting holes. Bar doesnt have that. Only has rectangles evenly spaced for the belt to go through and not cross one another. As far as I recall, I cannot remove that triangle unless I cut it. I think it would deem the harness useless then. Guess you right, if I dont win will just buy replacement ones. Appreciate your response Spunkmeyer