The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hooddies casing the supra

mellonman

Have one of my neighbours call me and say 2 hooded young men was taking pictures of my car out side out the house.

The car is abit away from my house with a green in front of our houses . But I do have cctv looking at all the cars where they park and got the 2 guys see it walk around a car and took pictures of the side and one of the front plate and rear plate .

It's got a proximity alarm so hoping if they come back it will put them off as it's loud and would rumble them straight away .

But be vigilant people

The first pictures they took looked harmless but when the took the plate pictures seemed more odd

yeah I guess , one good thing is its not like these keyless entry cars that can be taken in seconds without getting in the house , if they want it they would have to put it on a trailer or get in my house with the house alarm then find the key which is hidden .

still might have been nothing might have been just admiring it but seemed pretty close to get the full front and rear on the car from the pictures they took

I also had this happen to me a few weeks back and called it in to police, a few days later I had a visit from the CID, and I supplied them with the incident details and my CCTV footage.

There has been a spate of thefts in and around Edinburgh, and the policeman said that the pictures could be used to secure a price for the highest bidder. Luckily for me the cars are off to their new home this week, but it’s a very worrying environment out there these days.

It's worrying, a couple of months ago we had a spate of car thefts, the thieves were clearly visible from the door bell cameras, they got into an Audi, Range Rover and a VW in seconds.

They briefly looked at my car using a phone flashlight and stepped away from it quite quickly, maybe the Clifford window stickers put them off.....I don't know.

Sat up for most of three nights seeing if they came back....took the Police eight days to come to neighbours house to view cctv.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to wire the car door handles to the mains supply,

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by iansuprasam (see edit history)

Were they actually taking photos of the front and rear plates up close, or were they stood back taking photos of the front, rear and side of the car? As I know if I have seen a car that I love, I take photos from all angles (Front, rear and side etc) :D

For anyone watching me, it could look suspicious...

I understand your worry, I too would not be happy and thinking they were eying up my car to steal it. I hope nothing comes of it and they were just admirers of your Supra.

Don't get too paranoid folks. My Supra gets snapped all the time when its parked up in a public place, though not anywhere near as much as my vintage Mustang does. Some people just like taking pictures of iconic cars and buildings and scenery.

Were they actually taking photos of the front and rear plates up close, or were they stood back taking photos of the front, rear and side of the car? As I know if I have seen a car that I love, I take photos from all angles (Front, rear and side etc) :D

For anyone watching me, it could look suspicious...

I understand your worry, I too would not be happy and thinking they were eying up my car to steal it. I hope nothing comes of it and they were just admirers of your Supra.

I believe they would have been too close to get a full frontal . That being said why would you get both number plates unless your going to make a set to stick on so the car doesn't set off nprc.

I'm sure it's fine but would be so sad to see it go as the club and the car have changed my life and that's not even a lie . My life was going down a bad path and the etiquette of the club changed my out look on people and life

has there been any instances of club members cars being stolen ?

Yes believe one got stolen whilst it was out being test driven with owner. Can’t remember the exact circumstances or the member ? I want to say it was Carl something ?