The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ac connecting hose search

trevorc

Hi,

not sure the part number at the moment as when the garage called Toyota they were given the wrong part number as I checked and 88717-14282 is for mk3 not mk4.

The garage described it to me as the pipe that connects the ac condenser to to car, I guess there is an in and an out pipe.

Current pipe has a crack in it so no point regasing until fixed.

All AC pipework is discontinued. It reads like your garage is not familiar with AC systems as no pipes connect to the car. You need to take it to a proper refrigeration engineer who can fabricate you a new pipe section. Proper meaning someone who can do more than just suck gas out and fill gas in because they have the certificate to handle refrigerant.

Hi,

not sure the part number at the moment as when the garage called Toyota they were given the wrong part number as I checked and 88717-14282 is for mk3 not mk4.

The garage described it to me as the pipe that connects the ac condenser to to car, I guess there is an in and an out pipe.

Current pipe has a crack in it so no point regasing until fixed.

/QUOTE]Can you take a picture of it and a measurement. I've some stuff here but wouldn't know if it's what you're after.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

AC pipework are not discontinued. I renewed all my pipes last month with new OEM parts that I bought from Japan / America and they are available from a local Toyota dealer although it was much quicker and cheaper to order from abroad.

They actually were not expensive. Once you get the part number or picture of the part, have a look at Megazip as they usually list the replacement equivalent part numbers. Toyotapartsdeal.com is also a good site. This link might help - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/parts-list/1993-toyota-supra/heating-air-conditioning-cooler-piping.html

If you get the part number or picture of the part I can try and help.

Edited by Rsb (see edit history)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.