The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM C2DI and HKS DLI II

dandan

I was curious how these two units compare performance wise...

I know some people had issues with the AEM unit but allegedly AEM addressed the issue and the newer units were modified to alleviate the problems.

From memory the AEM needs wiring in in series to the coilpacks so removal for trouble shooting wouldn't be as easy as the spliced in DLI II.

I think the C2DI actually bumps the voltage up to 540v, the DLI only provides a longer spark duration.

Anyone got any input and actual performance changes with either? I know some people it the DLI when going with a wasted spark ecu (like AEM) to make up for the reduced coil charge time.

I'm interested in performance gains, not just making up for going to wasted spark?

Can the DLI II be fitted to vvti and non vvti cars? I think the 4 channel C2DI can be used on vvti cars costing only £250 vs £320 for the 8 channel unit needed for non vvti cars.

???

Nic - I believe that is because the DLI is model specific but the DLI II is generic. I am happy to be corrected though :)

Wez - I have read a fair bit about the C2DI on SF but will have a dig on the AEM forums as well.

I know darren j adams had good results withe the CD2I..