The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIY custom light

cntt

Got myself a second set of lights and decided that I will do my own facelift

conversion, since I have done spray paint before, might as well, got the lights from Supra-Dupra, seems to look ok so far, taking the lens off was

easy with the heat gun, I have all the glue cleaned off and the lens can now line up

perfect, both lens have been cleaned 100%, looking good :) should be ready for re-installation tomorrow night :) SMASHING :p

new body kit and spoiler are to go on soon, thats another DIY job for me :)

DSC00063.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

Looking good so far Amigo :D I am too much of a chicken sh*t to do mine - I always believe after 20 minutes into a DIY job, that it would have been money well spent for someone who knows wtf they are doing to do the job for me ;) I know my place in life... and it aint particularly manually skilled :D (Mind you I am getting more adventurous after successfully doing a dash LED conversion lol). It pays to have a friend that owns a garage though :D

Thanks sdavies

my first DIY job I did was on a Honda Integra :), brakes conversion, risky it was I know, but it turned out perfect, I then went in to engine transplant and rebuild, from a standard 1.8 vtec to Mugen R :), then I did a Turbo Prelude for a friend, learning as I'm DIYin :), the clutch in the sup was the first RWD I ever done, :) NA-T coming soon for me I can see :), if you take your time, and not rushing yourself, things can be done a lot easier. I normally do a lot of reading on the net and do research, I got so use to working with cars now after 6 years of DIY, there isn't a single thing I couldn't do at this stage :)

I usually find new and interesting ways to make the mistakes that people lament when I read up on wtf I did wrong... I always manage to find ways to do things wrong :D If there is a guide I will read it - get stuck in, then realise either nothing matches, or I get to a very specific stage where the guide disappears into vagueness or my own mis-interpretation lol. Last weekend it took me 2 hours to fit a new frickin light in the front room due to "technical curiosties" with the wiring... I read the feckin docs, I had the tools to hand - it just wasn't the same as was stated!! (I am badly damaged by such experiences, therefore not quite as adventurous as I should be lol).

cheers imi :)

suprattgaz:

if you use a heat gun, it is very easy to open them, oven bake you want to keep and eye on it, the glue melt easy enough, start from the inner lower corner, which has a good bit of gap, then the spray part, go easy on masking tape or they will rip the chrome out of the rings, I had to re-do the rings on mine, but didn't like it so much so I have it all black instead, but I'm also now doing my Glass light, have it opened, so these ones I keep the rings. clean off all the glue left on it, make it easier to re fit them, once all clips can go back on the lights after you re fit the lens, then you have it done, any silicon sealing will do but black would be nicer, thats all really, hope it helps you

got them fitted today, just before it starts to rain, perfect timing, tested out in the rain, no fogs in lens, lovely :D

doing the glass one now, should have that done this week sometimes if I'm not busy. then these ones I have will be remove from my car again :D

in search of driver side glass light if anyone got one sitting around and have no use of it, I like to make a purchase :D cheers

DSC00066.JPG

DSC00067.JPG

DSC00072.JPG

DSC00073.JPG