The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto Box leaks Only when hot !!!!???

Guest RPM_PARTS

Guest RPM_PARTS

I have a problem with a newly fitted auto box !

When i drive the car for about 30 minutes and the box warms up it starts to leak!

could this be a problem with the cooler ( blocked) or with the pump or something !!! This is driving me nuts as i have just changed the box due to a leak! I cant see there being a problem with the box (well there could be ) as it came from "Jagman" and it worked fine in his car.

Any help would be great !

Paul

Guest RPM_PARTS

hi mate

It was a new rad about 1 year ago. i did have a leaking heater matrix so i use some rad seal, would that cause a problem !?

its leaking from the front seal ( where the box meets the engine ) drips out the bottom!

Paul

Guest RPM_PARTS

haha.

no i sent that guy a message, stating i under stand all the hassle of packaging and sending a £5 gear box and if he is ok being £5 short not to worry about it !!!:p

are you my storker !!!:hide:

I'm not aware of being a tall white bird that delivers babies or that I'm some kind of cooking margarine *shrug*

I wasn't having dig BTW, I was just going to suggest that if you have an issue with one box why not fit your spare one instead of selling it... but it doesn't sound like that will help.

Where is the leak coming from?

Interesting that you don't want it now though, I could do with a spare one ;)

Guest RPM_PARTS

email him and offer him £6 he may bite your arm off !! kidding

sounds like it would be a perfect box!

my old box had a leak and i fitted a new seal and i think i pinched the seal or something, pissed me off when it still pissed even more oil over my drive! so i bought a box of jagman and fitted that and after get ting the box hot ( a few high speed runs it pissed oil again [ANGRY][/ANGRY]

Guest RPM_PARTS

the tc seemed fine,

the story starts with me giving the car some stick down the motor way (off the clock) when i slowed up and cruised home i noticed smoke ( gear box oil leaking near the exhaust )

i changed the front seal, and to be honest the inner metal seal type thing didnt look that good but i was rushing it, and when started up, guess wot! it pissed.

so i got a second hand box off jagman which im sure is ok and when fitted and run up to temp,!!!! drip drip drip. :(

and yes it a porsche 944 with the gf in the av picture. and no im not fitting the box it that!

getting to the point where the box know how to take its self off !!![ANGRY][/ANGRY]