The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Wheels?

TheChin

Hey all,

This might sound like a nooby thread and it most probably is but im looking for info about wheel sizes for the Supra. I currently have an Astra GSI with the standard wheels, as they are they are perfect for the car. In about 2 weeks im getting my lovely and sexy white UK TT to add to my car collection. I want to go all out with the wheel package and have been checking lots of sites, mainly envy with my bank balance quivering at every page refresh.

I've been mainly looking at Rays DR505. I want to go for a quite wide front and crazy wide back. Engines and everything else i can get my head around but wheels baffle the hell out of me. What can the supra's take on the back with out either forcing or rubbing. I had 19s on my Astra once and tbh never again, for the arch space it had it never stopped rubbing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've come to comprehend that price is per wheel, or is that for the set (bank hopes it is) but nether the less i have the cash for it just the GF wont get any presents.

Thanks alot in advance,

Speak soon.

Hi and welcome to the site! on a stock bodied car the widest you should really go is 9" on the front and 10.5" on the rear. I would say if your into handling in a big way ie trackdays etc I would go for 18's. If your more into looks and fast road driving you can go for 19's.

About 2 years ago most people went for 18's now its the otherway around and the majority of wheels we sell are 19's.

Give me a call when you get the car and I can talk over various wheel options with you and let you know what we have in stock etc.

Thanks

Kevin