The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Scam?

Burna

Just had an email from my girlfriends work colleague. He had found a 97 Vvti Twin Turbo for £6500! When I saw the picture that was attached I instantly recognised it as Moistfinger's car http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=97729

I asked where he had seen it and he sent me a link for ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-TOYOTA-SUPRA-3-0-Turbo-3dr-Auto-Liftback_W0QQitemZ160082329697QQihZ006QQcategoryZ18290QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

99% sure it's a scam but just wanted confirmation, and how do I go about getting it removed from ebay?

Thanks.

Yep, that's Moistfinger's car. As for getting it removed from fleabay,you don't stand a chance. Moist has been trying for a fortnight and several of us have also reported this to ebay and it's still up. We just need to warn as many people as possible not to buy it.

Thanks Michael but Greg already pointed that one out. Didn't think to check to see if it was a repost as I thought ebay remove these types of things straight away. I'll check next time as I'm starting to realise I'm rarely the first person to spot something new lol

I still can't believe ebay are still letting the advert run! Hope no one falls for it :(

Yes it is a scam!!

First contacted ebay on the 6th and it is still there!!!!

I received an email from ebay stating that the appropriate action had been taken.I guess that meant that they would ignore all of my emails.

Went to the local police and they didn't want to know:blink:

Don't know what else I can do. May try Trading Standards and see if I get any joy there.

Or I could threaten ebay with taking my story to the national papers:eyebrows: maybe they will do something about it then.

Getting pissed off with it all now.

I would like to thank everyone that has tried to help me with this,it is very much appreciated.

The car is still for sale though and you are more than welcome to view it at any time, as it is in the UK and not in Hungary!!!!

For full info Click Here.

Yes it is a scam!!

First contacted ebay on the 6th and it is still there!!!!

I received an email from ebay stating that the appropriate action had been taken.I guess that meant that they would ignore all of my emails.

Went to the local police and they didn't want to know:blink:

Don't know what else I can do. May try Trading Standards and see if I get any joy there.

Or I could threaten ebay with taking my story to the national papers:eyebrows: maybe they will do something about it then.

Getting pissed off with it all now.

I would like to thank everyone that has tried to help me with this,it is very much appreciated.

The car is still for sale though and you are more than welcome to view it at any time, as it is in the UK and not in Hungary!!!!

For full info Click Here.

Unfortunately It seems the bad publicity threat is the only way to go with Ebay otherwise they don't care !

Perhaps mention legal action, that should concntrate their minds a bit better