The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Innsurance options

Guest DMo

Hi all,

I'm hopefully buying a Supra very soon, but have a question regarding insurance. Ignoring all of the stuff about excesses etc., the two main things I'm struggling to get on the same quotes is agreed value and protected no claims. To me the PNC is not optional, but was wondering whether it's actually worth going for agreed value. I'm looking at 95 TTs around the 6000 purchase value mark, but was wondering what the book price would be. i.e. if it was writen off, how much is an insurance company likely to give for a relatively stock 95 TT. None of the insurance co's could give me any indication.

The only people so far to include both options are Sky, but the premium is twice that of an equivalent policy without agreed value. If the book value isn't far off the 5-6000 mark then, there's not much point.

Thanks,

Dan.

Unless you have an agreed value, insurance companies will pay you peanuts in the event of a claim just to see if you accept it.

If you then ask for more, youll probably get it, as it would be hard for them to show you can get a TT for less then say £5-6k.

I couldnt afford Sky insurance myself. But my cars worth only about 6-7K. And so I take the risk with elephant.co.uk that they will pay out in the event of a claim properly. Though im well prepared that if it does come to that, ill have to fight to get what I want.

Just to put things into perspective, my friend crashed me into a tree at 80mph about 4 years ago. I broke my foot in the crash quite badly which required surgery. It took 3 years for the insurance claim to go through. It seemed like i was getting nowhere, then they offered me about 4k. We rejected that, then they offered about 7.5k 2 days later. Just always reject the first offer in the event of a claim.

Just always reject the first offer in the event of a claim.

I didn't even know you could reject it. I thought that what they offer would be the book price and that is what you get, but I suppose the clue's in the name...offer.

D.