The mkiv Supra Owners Club

painted black dash

maxaerott

I too have a black aero TT, and my dash is a mid slate grey blue-ish colour. Matches the darker tone from my Lexus GS300 alloys. Looks really good. If you do go for a black dash, have a look at satin black. That would look good.

Check out my garage if you want to see an alternative.

That looks very nice indeedy. What paint did you use and has is stayed well?

It's stayed fine although I am carefull about not scratching it. It isn't even laquered as when I laquered it at first it went all blotchy. Paint is halfords own white primer then matt black (once I'd got all the rubber stuff off). :)

what do you use to remove the rubber stuff, can it just be sanded off ?

Sanding it off will take the best part of a day!! no joke.

I used Isopropyl alcohol (not the spray stuff as thats useless) and I stripped my whole dash of the rubber stuff quicker than that it took me to sand just the ashtray lid.

Sanding it off will take the best part of a day!! no joke.

I used Isopropyl alcohol (not the spray stuff as thats useless) and I stripped my whole dash of the rubber stuff quicker than that it took me to sand just the ashtray lid.

Thanks mate, where would I get this stuff from.

I got mine from my future father in law he purchased it from a trades catalogue. All it is is circuit board cleaner. Maplan I believe has it but only in spray, it is better to get a bottle of it as to soak it and then rub it off. Other have used neat bleach and someother stuff, do a search there is loads of threads about it.

Gloss black is a nightmare in combination with greasy fingers

That's what I was thinking as well :D Would also look untidy with a little touch of dust on them in the sun.

Has any body done Matt Black, does it still look very close to the original finish, as thats what I want.

I got mine from my future father in law he purchased it from a trades catalogue. All it is is circuit board cleaner. Maplan I believe has it but only in spray, it is better to get a bottle of it as to soak it and then rub it off. Other have used neat bleach and someother stuff, do a search there is loads of threads about it.

Will do thanks mate