The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Centre Caps??

Havard

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wheelbase-direct

Just found this company on ebay, selling this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-Ace-130-Alloy-Wheels-with-Tyres_W0QQitemZ200078215648QQihZ010QQcategoryZ9888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And they are based in Oldham, i would give them a call, its possible they can obtain centre caps ;)

You're a good lad Rob. I'll go up there Saturday!!

Cheers

H.

Sorted!!

Went to that place in Oldham where Rob Sheffield put up the link. Cost me £40 for the set but well worth is as they are like rocking horse shit!!

Juanchan, you have a PM too!!

All I need now is to get the wheels re-furbed and we are laughing!!:D

H.

I gave them a shout yesterday and they said they only knew Ace wheels by numbers not names, and without seeing a sample of the centrecaps I've currently got, they wouldn't be comfortable selling me any :( Fair plays to them, they could have fed me some BS and tried to flog a set my way.

I'd be heading round there myself if they weren't so far from me.

Harvard, I've had no PM's sorry :search: Good to hear you got yours sorted though, there is hope for me!

Have you measured the hole in the middle of the wheel. Mine were 70mm. They do spring a wee bit so a couple of mm shouldn't make a difference.

Surely someone will measure the centres in Oldham for you. If you speak to a guy called Carl, you should be fine!!

H.

I haven't measured them, but 70mm sounds about right. I'll get the tape measure out and give them a shout!

I think the centrecaps are the only thing I'm not happy about with my car visually, so I'm trying to get them sorted asap.

Thanks for your help!

Another possibility is to find another importer of Ace wheels down your neck of the woods. I have been to about 4 alloy wheel shops before I was tipped off about Wheelbase at Oldham. I should have just listened to Rob Sheffield in the first place!!:rolleyes:

If your centres are 70mm then I would ring Wheelbase and say I'll have 4 of what Paul from Wigan had!!:D

H.

I think Laura pretty much exhausted the wheel people in the area before selling to me, so I'm taking her word on that and not spending too much time looking locally.

Can I be cheeky and ask you to put up a pic of the caps you've just bought? My wheels look exactly like the 130s, so whatever fits them should hopefully do me!

You're a star mate! Mine are 70mm too, so will give them a shout tomorrow/Monday and get some myself. And I'm almost certain your wheels are the same as mine judging from the pic. Yours are just a bit cleaner... See the pic in Lauras first post here.... http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=74594

I think Jezzy identifies them in that thread as Spyders.

The two centrecaps I've currently got are sticky-taped in place! Took me ages to get one out and I gave up on the other one for now.

On a sadder note, I just got spanked by a Y-reg Astra driven by a chav!! I didn't gain a yard from 30 to just gone 100 leptons off a roundabout!! I'd love to know what the hell he'd done under the bonnet of that thing!

I will do! Thanks again for taking the time to take the photos. Those caps look a lot better than the cheap tacky ones I've got.

What are you re-spraying yours to?

Sorry mate, my last post has a mistake. I mean't the wheels!!

They are being re-furbed in shiny silver!!

H.