The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My traction control light is permanently on

simonas

The green one lights up when you lose traction.

Sounds like someone has pulled the trac fuse? QUOTE]

I've had car 7 months and never had a problem but today the light has just been on consistently.

Would the battery have a bearing on that? I'll have a look at the fuse as well?? Its nice and sunny today but I don't fancy having no trac control when it ices up again!:rolleyes:

I've had car 7 months and never had a problem but today the light has just been on consistently.

Would the battery have a bearing on that? I'll have a look at the fuse as well?? Its nice and sunny today but I don't fancy having no trac control when it ices up again!:rolleyes:

Mate you are better off without it anyway, unless you like it cutting power about 2 weeks after you lose traction ;)

I even turned it off when it was real icy as I think it is that dangerous. If you are worried about losing traction the RLTC will be the best £700 you spend on the car.

Just to recap, I don't rate the stock Trac system :innocent:

The green one lights up when you lose traction.

Sounds like someone has pulled the trac fuse? QUOTE]

have you turned it off????if not check your trac fuse and maybe worth trying a ecu reset

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the ECU reset and no joy. I tried the fuse as there is only one trc fuse in engine bay and its fine.

The light comes on about 1 minute into any journey and always comes on now. It is the one by the speedo and not the one on the right hand side of the dash.

Can anyone else think why this could be?

• 8 months later...