The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knocked Out By a Motorbike 2 days ago

boombastictiger

Hey, I was crossing the road the other day and out of nowhere I got wacked by a motorbike. He was commin fast. I was unconcious for about 30 mins, my friends were looking after me and I finally started comming together again in the ambulance....Scary Scary, i thought i was dreaming when I woke up, because I had just come out of a lesson where my teacher was telling us about verhicle safety and how easy it is to knock someone out in a car!!!! So i was really confused and I havnt been knowcked unconcious like that before..I was shouting at the crew in the ambulance because i thought they were apart of my dream lol, I came together after though and apologised

Applarently the bike hit me, I rebounded off him went flying in the air and then when I landed I smacked my head on the curb. The last thing i remember though was seeing the bike infront of me...I dont remember any people any shouting absolutly nothing which is very confusing and scary. Im very lucky though, I have no broken bones just cuts all over me, Just been told to take it easy for a week. Most people who saw it said that most people who get hit like that have very serious injuries or die.... I just got some painful headaces got em checked up by the doc and I have tablets for them...And My GF has come from France to see me to :)

Can you believe the hospital didint even want to scan my head for internal bleeding!!! they said they dont do that anyone....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad that you are ok bud....

Did they get the biker???

last night, on the way back home, I was stopped at a set of lights and there were two nice looking girls crossing the road (youngish) - they were looking at my shiny supra :D and while crossing the other side of the road they nearly got run over by a biker too....(Muppet biker completely ignored the green man signal and just drove past) :(

I was walking to go to my supra which I parked in the Asda car park as there no space at uni...Normally me and my friends would use the Pedestrian crossing, but there was a huge lorry that parked across it blocking it...(going to sue council for that) so we crossed across the road near the roundabout. The roundabout was was small though and people are always walking around. We stopped and were waiting for it to be clear, we started crossing when I saw a Audi comming so I told my friends to stop and watch out,...the audi came half way into the road and then stopped to let us go, as a precaution I thought I better check 1 more time to the left before I cross infront of the Audi....To my suprise i see the Bike come speeding up to me...

Reason people say its partly his fault is because he was going fast, his helmet was tinted which is meant to be illegal apparently during the day??, and if you were comming onto a roundabout and you saw a car had stopped in the middle, surely you would atleast slow down which this guy didint, and the roundabout is short, if he had been looking properly he would have seen us..

I know it was partly a bit my fault for crossing the road where I was, but its partly the councils fault because they allowed a huge Lorry to block the pedestrian crossing. I think the police took a note of it all. I was so shocked I woke up and was trying to figure out why I wasnt in my supra driving home...I really thought I was dreaming, im thankful im ok though,

yeah I thought they were meant to do a CAT scan to. I asked the nurses, several different ones in casualty (who were not really to bothered), and they said they dont do it anymore and that I should go home and If I start vomitting or get serious syptoms come back.. So basically I have to go home and start vommiting and possibly die from that, and then find a way to get back to hospital before they do a CAT scan...

Reason I say I could die is because If i start continuesly vommitting its because of internal bleeding...***beware of Kingston Hospital**

If you had not stepped off the pavment into the rd the accident would never have happened, lucky you never killed the poor biker, sorry i have no sympathy for you, oh and you can have tinted visor in the day time as long as its BSI approved.

Had to cross the road, there was no other way...We got half way and were waiting in the middle, he was comming around 30/40 at the time, its a build up area, shopping centre bus stops and theres alot of kids about, he should have used his head and atleast slowed down when he saw a lorry blocking the crossing as people can suddenly come out,Im sure if he slowed down it would not of been so bad...he may have been able to brake as bikes brakes are better than cars..

I know it was parly my fault aswell where i was crossing, but he SHOULD have stopped at the roundabout when he saw a car already stopped half way in it, but I guess he thought he would jump the car as the gap was small enough, but I was in the gap...

But at the end of the day, Im not blaming him for anything, accidents happen after all, I work for a insurance comapany, if anything its the Councils fault, because of the lorry. I mean the crossing has steel fence either side of it and the lorry was up agaisnt the curb blocking the whole lot....so there was no way to cross there..and it was at a road uphill.

sounds like '0' your fault tbh mate

I dont want to cause an argument and i know there are some good responsible bike riders out there but everyday i have some tit on a bike cutting in front of me, weaving around traffic, going around the wrong side of an indicating car etc etc

If you had not stepped off the pavment into the rd the accident would never have happened, lucky you never killed the poor biker, sorry i have no sympathy for you, oh and you can have tinted visor in the day time as long as its BSI approved.

I think that's a bit harsh Jamie.

He has said that he accepts part of the blame but similarly the motorbike user must take half too for not slowing down at a crossing anyway as people can just jump out.

Had to cross the road, there was no other way...We got half way and were waiting in the middle, he was comming around 30/40 at the time, its a build up area, shopping centre bus stops and theres alot of kids about, he should have used his head and atleast slowed down when he saw a lorry blocking the crossing as people can suddenly come out,Im sure is he slowed down it would not of been so bad...

I know it was parly my fault aswell where i was crossing, but SHOULD have stopped at the roundabout when he saw a car already stopped half way in it, but I guess he thought he would jump the car as the gap was small enough, but I was in the gap...

In your first post you dont remember anything now you sound like you remember the lot:search: Im just glad you was not in a car when you had a brain failure and decided to walk infront of a moving bike, sounds like you was chatting to your mates and not concentrating on what you was doing.

Sorry to be harsh but ive lost a few friends to motorbikes now and things like this upset me.

In your first post you dont remember anything now you sound like you remember the lot:search: Im just glad you was not in a car when you had a brain failure and decided to walk infront of a moving bike, sounds like you was chatting to your mates and not concentrating on what you was doing.

Sorry to be harsh but ive lost a few friends to motorbikes now and things like this upset me.

I didnt go into detail in 1st post Jamie, Im not blaming him directly, im just saying he wasnt being as precautius, hey it could have been car and not a bike then I would probs not be here right now. I remember everything upto actually being hit, My last memory is seeing the bike infront of me. I had loads of frienda behind me who saw the accident, and there were loads of witnesses who saw what happened to. I managed to get details from them all. I was being careful when I crossed just abit caught by suprise..I think a supermarket even got cctv footage. I think his helmet was above 85% tinted, beucase it looked black...But to be hounest I cant remember and I dont have any idea of the rules on that, and to be hounest if it was illegal the police would have areested him which they didnt, I was just going by what people told me after

but if that lorry was not packed there, I would ahve crossed at the crossing, I really wasnt looking forward to crossing over the road..

Why not step out onto the road if the traffic had stopped?

One of the few parts of the highway code i remember reading ( i know the rest but i actually remember reading this part) is that pedestrians have right of way at junctions. This is more to do with t junctions that roundabouts but as a roundabout is a junction (has giveway makings) the bike was in the wrong, but then so was the Audi as your not ment to stop on a roundabout as he did.

Oh and i'm a biker too now :) so I not bias. But people are only looking for cars when crossing not bikes .

Was it a council lorry or just some random who was delivering? Sorry to say it but i sort of agree with Jamie on this one here. Unless there's a red light or pedestrian right of way (such as the crossing which was blocked, fair enough) then your actions shouldn't force anyone to slow down or stop. If you'd been in the biker's situation and were approaching in the Supra, you might now know why that car had stopped (confused about his exit or something?) and may just carry on on your way as it sounds like the biker couldn't see you because of the car.

That's what i've took out of the situation but I've only just woke up :) Glad you're ok though :thumbs:

ive lost a few friends to motorbikes now

And not, in fact, pedestrians.

How did I know you'd immediately absolve the biker of all blame. How ironic, a SMIDSY caused by a biker. Overtaking stationary traffic on a roundabout as well... Sorry, I too have no sympathy, but for the biker. I thought bikers are supposed to be the kings of the road, the 100% attentive superheroes - how did he not spot someone about to cross the road?! Probably not paying enough attention, admiring the really cool tinted visor look instead.

Aren't you the one with the videos of wheelieing at 180mph or something, afore ye get on your Bikers-Can-Do-No-Wrong high horse.

-Ian

Sounds like you and the biker had a lucky escape, glad your both ok :) . To be honset though, if the biker really was going around 40mph, it would of been worse for both of you. I've been traveling at around 20mph on my bike, (an been t-boned by a car pulling out), and people have said I was traveling too fast :rolleyes: . Its the speed perception (sp?) that a bike gives to other people. Biker's do filter through traffic, I always do, though some rider's are looking to be knocked off. :(

Like I said before though, glad your ok. :)

ok i tried drawing a diagram of what happened as it is confusing...sorry for drawing i tried my best using laptop...hehe

and i dont think the bike hit me head on as i only have main injuries to one side of me and i think managed to jump out the way a bit

oh yea the purple line with gaps if my line of walking, the blue line is the bikes..

incase anyone wondering why we never went behind the lorry, the reason is because there was fencing on either side of the zebra crossing, and where we initially crossed we only had to look for traffic coming from one side..

ACCIDENT.JPG