The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Pics

Rory

Well I picked up the car today, and a very happy man I am too :) Ive attached some pics after a quick wash, I will get it all polished and give it the full works.

It goes even better than I thought, the low down torque of the 3l is superb. Took it on some twisties and the handling is excellent, it has Bilstein stickers on the sides so I guess it has those fitted.

Only annoying thing so far is the central locking not working properly. I will put up a separate post about that hoping for ideas on a fix ;)

Nice Facelift model there Rory - a good purchase Sir!

It also appears that you have got 2 sets of front indicators too (i.e. in the wing 'and' the bumper)

Thanks :) The light in the wing is actually a running light... theres red ones on the back wings. So I look like a volvo S40 at night lol

The wheels are 18" and surprisingly ... made by Fox ! I always dismissed Fox as cheap rubbish but those ones actually look really nice I think. I am going to replace them with something else at some point though, I'm thinking of TE37 replicas.

And the head unit is a cheap and nasty Blaupunkt lol. Just a stop gap for a bit before I can sort something better out.

Nice facelift NA you have there.

I also am confused by the repeaters in the wings, only time I have seen that is on cars pretending to be a facelift or accident damaged and replaced with the old wing?!?

Really hope this isn't the case, have a good look underneath though just to be safe.

I also am confused by the repeaters in the wings, only time I have seen that is on cars pretending to be a facelift or accident damaged and replaced with the old wing?!?

Really hope this isn't the case, have a good look underneath though just to be safe.

I have heard in the past that some SVA test sites wouldn't let the facelifts through with just the indicators in the bumper.......some technicality about side visibility.....and so they had to fit them as per pre facelifts........

not sure if this was 100% verified as true though?

Thanks for the comments :)

I had a look tonight and those orange side marker lights dont light up on the front, but the red ones on the back do. I will get a multimeter to the fronts to see if they are getting any power.

As for the rear fog its not actually working just now, hope its just a bulb because I dont fancy trying to rewire something like that.

What do people do instead of having a fog light there?

Nice motor mate, bet your made up :) . Be carefull with it in the crap weather, they can bite.

Coming out of a bmw 525i sport with 192bhp and LSD so I think I should be fine ;) Wish the supra had LSD , makes handling a slide so much more predictable and fun.