The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet catch

Guest Supra Mc

Guest Supra Mc

Hey everyone

I have had an uneven gap in my bonnet for a while now which i was living with. Now i have had the front end redone it's started to bug me.

I have replaced the bolts on the bonnet catch as i saw in a post because i thought it just needed a bit of adjustment to pull the bonnet down on that side. That didn't work so i thought i would check the catches themselves, well the offside catch is locking in place nicely but the nearside just springs back!!

I have tried to clean out the catch incase some dirt was holding it back a touch but no luck with that. Is there a way of adjusting the catch? Or any other ideas that anyone might have would be great to hear.

Cheers

Dave.

Guest Supra Mc

Cheers for posting guys.

Yeah i tried the adjusting the stop but didnt help. Thats when i manually tried closing the catch itself with the bonnet up and found that only one catch actually locked in place. :(