The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra info

Guest jdbecks

Guest jdbecks

hey all

just got an insurance quote for a supra tt for 615 fully comp, i drive a mr2 rev3 turbo, was just wondering what sorta price running cost will be over the mr2 and whats the mpg

I'm 24, nearly 25, with 7yrs NCB, 0 points - and they quoted me well into 4 figures for an import. And thats in a town, decent security, driveway parking.

EDIT: Just done another quote online (last one was a month ago) and price came back as £700 FC.

Only thing i changed is "year you purchased the car" - i put it so i had it a year. Can't see that making a blinding bit of difference mind.

I'm actually VERY impressed at the price! It DEFINATELY wasn't that cheap last time!

Mine was deffo a mk4 now - its less than 1/2 the price i've been quoted elsewhere. But i expect modifications to push the price right up.... :(

As for running costs, depends on how you drive i suppose.

From a quick google and search, motorway driving will give:

Supra = approx 24mpg

mr2 turbo = approx 30mpg

Only thing i changed is "year you purchased the car" - i put it so i had it a year. Can't see that making a blinding bit of difference mind.

i think it can after all lots of new owners (regardless of previous no claims record) have a mishap early on.......i suspect most/all of us will have had scares within a month or two of first ownership......

I must be bored but i just did a online quote with Elephant and the quote came out approx 10% less if i just changed the yr bought from 2007 to 2004......

NB if you are insuring a new sup, maybe you are going from an NA to TT, its worth mentioning your previous experience especially with the more clued up/personal touch type brokers eg Sky, A-plan etc........

Guest jdbecks

looks like im going to sell my mr2 turbo and get a supra tt

how much is a good condition 93 - 95 supra tt go for?

is the market in the air like the mr2 ones at the moment?